Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No expressed warranty for Saleen S/C

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:39 AM
blueshawk
1st Gear Member

Default No expressed warranty for Saleen S/C

I've researching getting a S/C for a 2007 GT and have narrowed it done to the Saleen and the Roush mainly because of the 3 yr/36000 mile drive train warranty that has been expressed on the forums for both the Saleen and the Roush. Well, Roush has this warranty expressed on their web site for their S/C but Saleen does not so I contacted Saleen and got this response...

Sir:

There is no written factory warranty for aftermarket parts but aftermarket is supporting some certified installers such as Performance Autosport. So if they install the kit for you and you have issues with your vehicle running incorrectly you will receive good customer service and assistance in diagnosing and replacing parts.

We want you to have confidence that, if you do not alter the kit in the way it was installed at the factory, and that you do not abuse the car, you will have a very reliable, fast daily driver.

Thanks for choosing Saleen!

That my friends wiil get you no where in a court of law if your engine, transmission, etc. is damaged by the Saleen S/C. In fact, none of thier aftermarket parts have warranties. So for me it looks like it will be the Roush who say they are the only ones with a true warranty.

It's good to finally get the facts.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:51 AM
btorlv
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: No expressed warranty for Saleen S/C

Called myself last week and they stated the same thing. I also called a couple of ford dealers that install Saleen and they stated ford would not cover eng failure but saleen somtimes will cover in good faith. Thatsnot a warranty to me.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Haulupki
1st Gear Member

If you are worried about your warranty. I suggest that you do not mod your car. My opinion only.............
Old 02-13-2007, 12:21 PM
gregt909
2nd Gear Member

This is why I bought the Roush. It may not be as powerful as the Saleen but it's nice to have the piece of mind of a warranty.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:47 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Roush, Wipple, Saleen, Garret, Kenny Bell, Mickey Mouse - WHATEVER. If it causes ANY engine/trans/driveline failure than can, in ANY way be attributed to the modification - IT can't and likely won't be warranted. Ford will not pay for a failure that is not the result ofdefects in production or craftsmanship. If the maker of the part says they will warrant it such failures- so be it. Distinguish betweencoverage from the manufacturer (who pays thedealer) and coverage from a 3rd party.READ the fine print or set yourself up for a biiiiig PITA.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

I'm not exactly sure what it is that Roush "Warrants". Is putting a rod through your block somehow "covered", or do things degenerate into an endless finger-pointing game that leaves everyone vitriolic.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:58 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Virgule

I'm not exactly sure what it is that Roush "Warrants".
About 360hp at the wheels, that's what. If you alter the tune or have a dyno tune done, then your warranty is gone.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:06 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

A rod through the block will NOT be covered if there is any cal, tune, turbo, supercharger, nitrous - anything that would increase engine output, change the fueling or increase engine speed limit.
I see people get denied in this exact situation DAILY.
Usually its a finger pointing game. You may get the maker of the product to cover your repair expenses but it sure wont be Ford.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:25 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

If I throw a ROD, I'll be impressed. My dealership installs Saleen S/C and will honor all waranty work brought back to us. Doing one right now on a stang with a Cervinis kit.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

This stuff is nothing new.

If an aftermarketpart you install on your engine causes an engine failure (that wasn't installed from the factory) then obviously it will not be covered.

Quick Reply: No expressed warranty for Saleen S/C