Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby GT Spotted

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 02:40 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

Default Shelby GT Spotted

I was up in Danbury, Connecticut this morning and when passing by a Mazda dealer I caught a glimpse of a different lookingMustang. I turned around and went to look, it was the new Shelby GT in black with the silver stripes.I did not get out to look but it still had the window sticker on it and the shipping materials that protect it during the delivery process. They must be out by the looks of it.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby GT Spotted

The Shelby has been out since August. Saw a couple in Winsted, Ct. Dealer back then. They didn't last long, 3 weeks tops.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:56 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jays Mustang

The Shelby has been out since August. Saw a couple in Winsted, Ct. Dealer back then. They didn't last long, 3 weeks tops.
I'm not talking about the Shelby GT-H or the Shelby GT 500 I'm talking about the new Shelby GT which is modeled after the GT-H but being produced for the general buying public not Hertz.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:04 PM
WuStangKlan
I ♥ Acer

Can you give more info? What were weather conditions like? What was the "view" distance? Any pictures? Did you feel "woosey"? (some have reported this after seeing this car in person...) Driver = man or woman? (unless parked)

Don't just say you saw one of these unless you have more details - TEASE!

Congratulations anyway - is that what you want?
Old 02-17-2007, 03:13 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Got to agree. Why would you post that you saw a Shelby GT on a Mustang technical forum? I can find 100+ pictures of this car. so - you saw one?

How is this significant? Yeah - Congratulations... Don't know what else to say...

ORIGINAL: WuStangKlan

Can you give more info? What were weather conditions like? What was the "view" distance? Any pictures? Did you feel "woosey"? (some have reported this after seeing this car in person...) Driver = man or woman? (unless parked)

Don't just say you saw one of these unless you have more details - TEASE!

Congratulations anyway - is that what you want?
Old 02-17-2007, 03:21 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

The car was parked right near the showroom no driver. I think the GT-H has a much nicer lookinghood than the Shelby GT which looks like the stock GT hood with the factory scoop. No, I didn't get excited for what I hear they cost I'll keep my 05 GT. The one thing it did have that was different unless they were already changed was it looked like it had black Bullitt wheels on it. The exhaust tips are different than the regular GT and there is no rear spoiler. The one thing that I really like is the grill. I hope that's answers some of your questions.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:25 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Thanks - Yes - that is good info. I just thought it would be great to get your impressions - not just that you saw it. I agree with you - BTW.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:40 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

I saw one on a trailer last week. I gotta agree, I like the hood better on the Hertz car. Other than that I'd rather see them resurrect the GT350 with a 4.6 litre supercharged motor and do some stuff to the body that really makes it different than the GT. Too many insignifigant changes on the Hertz, CS, and the new Shelby.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

There is a Black, Silver stripes, and black 18" wheels in Downers Grove, IL. That hood scoop looks like RICE.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

All that car is is a GT with the Carrol Shelby name on it and a few minor appearance upgrades(if you can call them that). Waste of money IMO.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT Spotted