Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full BMR Suspension..installing soon..

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:54 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ==UPDATE==Full BMR Suspension..installing soon..

^^^^^^ Dont know if its the best, but it will no doubt be a improvement, and for price, Color, and research i have done, it was a wise choice..Plus they have everything, I wanted to keep with the same manufacture so things ..hopefully work well together..we will..see

As for 1/4 mile times...have never run the car down the track.. I dont have a real interest in that any more, as i did it when i was younger..My goal here is to build a complete car..Thats really good at everything.....First with suspension..then brakes, and motor and so on..I want the car to be good at everything, not just great in one area..It will take me awile, but if and when the car is ever done, which it never is...i hope to complete my goal..one day..
Old 03-12-2007, 02:38 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ==UPDATE== INSTALLED++Full BMR Suspension..installing soon..

Ok..everything was installed...I am slowly understanding all that needs to be done..with doing this entire upgrade..
Ran into some issue.. First Make sure you recieve a NEW UCA Mount bolt..you can not reuse the stock bolt...bought mine from Brenspeed online from there E-bay store...Never metioned or recieved a new Bolt..so i assumed i reuse the stock one...Wrong...At any rate..I got the specs of the Bolt from BMR and was able to track one down from a Hardware store...
Also..If you change the Rear Diff Bushing..which is a Major PIA you need to reuse the outer sleeve of the Stock Bushing..Because the Poly Bushing will be 1/8 to small if you dont..However..my installed said its almost impossible to reuse the factory Outer Sleeve as to get out the Stock rubber bushing, you pretty much have to destroy it to get it out as its pressed in from the Factory..
Solution is Either leave the Stock Bushing...OR.....Buy a New Stock Bushing which comes with the Outer Sleeve ....use the new Outer sleeve and install it with the Poly bushing..which I ordered from LMP..it says Spohn but really seems to be from Energy Suspension..
So i am going with the Latter...i will be ordering a New Stock Bushing, using theOuter sleeve...

I drove the car Home..with the Axle Moving a lttle bit..it wasnt to bad...I drove pretty easy ..so i was unable to really gauge the new install with all the parts...I could certainly tell it is a Major upgrade in Handling..just really couldnt open it up..
The lowering with the BMR Springs...As am Very Happy with the way the car Sits now.The rear spring rates are the same as stock..fronts are a little stiffer then Stock.. The Car sits really nice now...Will post pics soon..Hopefully i can get the car back in shop this week to fix my problem...then i will do a complete evaluation with pics

Thanks to CrazyAL..and Modular Fords...for there Speedy Help with my issue

Fell free to ask any questions if i wasnt clear..
Old 03-12-2007, 04:33 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

The rear diff bushing is not at all difficult to remove from the bushing....if you know how to do it. It seems that your installer was not very well qualified to do this install. Removing the rubber from the outer shell of suspension bushings is something that you have to do for 90% of poly bushing installations....any performance oriented shop should be doing this kind of work day in and day out.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:01 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Yea, thats what i hear...Unfortunatly I have yet to find a really reputable shop in my area..close to home..Everything else went kinda smooth..The left tire sticks out , i showed him that..the Axle is clearly off...he said its a quick turn of the Panhard bar to fix that..and get everything straight..

If anyone knows a great suspension place hear in the NY area.. i am open..
Old 03-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Fatblazer
1st Gear Member

Don't forget to put on Subframe connectors, Makes a huge difference especially on the strip.