Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

See ya Saleen!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

Default RE: See ya Saleen!

Thanks Moses! I appreciate it.

I will post pics when I get them. I am dropping off the car on Monday, so they will have it for a couple of days. I will be there on Tuesday along with a photographer, as the install is being photo'd to go along with a magazine article on the car. That is 10 lbs of boost on the stock internals. It is the same blower sold by FRPP, and ST Motorsports is an authorized dealer, installer, and tuner for Whipple and Kenne Bell.
Hotty, yes, I have installed them. It was kind of a pain compared to the projector beams, since you have to not only pull the front fascia/bumper, but also the front wheels, wheel well liners, drill and mount the ballasts, and run the new wiring harness. They are definitely worth it though! I put that big box in the stroller since the baby wanted me to carry her. I figured it was appropriate to put the new babies in it! My wife got a picture of me pushing the stroller with the HID box in it and the baby walking beside me.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:07 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Great choice on the whipple and taking it to ST.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:06 PM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

Man, that sucks that you have to take all that off. But I am sure that they are totally worth it. I can't wait to get them so I can see at night again...lol.... I got used to the HID's on the other car and now when I drive at night I feel like I can't see anything at all. How long did the install take you from start to finish? I am sure that I will be taking a Saturday morning to do this.

Also, if you know, does ST tune with the SCT also? Or are they just a Diablo tuner? I might take my car up to them to get it dyno'd and tuned after I get some parts on her, if they use SCT.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:44 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hottymustang

Man, that sucks that you have to take all that off. But I am sure that they are totally worth it. I can't wait to get them so I can see at night again...lol.... I got used to the HID's on the other car and now when I drive at night I feel like I can't see anything at all. How long did the install take you from start to finish? I am sure that I will be taking a Saturday morning to do this.

Also, if you know, does ST tune with the SCT also? Or are they just a Diablo tuner? I might take my car up to them to get it dyno'd and tuned after I get some parts on her, if they use SCT.
The HID install took me about 4 hours, but that was mostly due to the baby trying to help me do the job and running off with tools, or sitting in my lap while I was trying to drill and mount the ballasts. She had to supervise my work! Removing the front fascia takes only about 10 minutes.
ST does their own custom tune, and are actually doing 5 different ones that they're putting into a handheld programmer for me.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:04 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the new blower. Absolutely right on the 281 S/C. You have to stomp the gas to get the car to go. That's why I ended up with the extreme. Also have to compare apples to apples. Your comparing 10.5 lbs to 6 lbs.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:14 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Well thanks for reassuring me on my choice of S/C! I have a great tuner in MI that just added whipple to the line up of S/C packages and I really like the OEM look (when black). I too want the polished unit with the polished intake and am really looking forward to the dyno numbers on this S/C. The tuner in MI says it is good for 450 RWHP but it has the option to do so much more. I wanted the KB 2.6L but decided to go with the whipple 2.3L instead as this guy offers that package. Anyway take care and thanks for the info. J
ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

ORIGINAL: rattsj

I think thats a good choice. Whipple is an outstanding blower. I am sure you will love it. Ease of pulley swap will come in handy too. Can't wait to see your numbers. I have seem a lot of folks post about the Whipple but no one has shown a dyno yet. Very curious to see what they really put down on the dyno at 10-12 psi
I will post the dyno sheet when I get it from ST.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:42 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

you hsould video the dyno for us......
Old 02-24-2007, 05:54 AM
FordDude
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516
yep, and the polished, customed tunedWhipple is costing less $$ OTD than the canned Saleen.
Can you post the price? San Berdo is closer to me than Irvine. fd
Old 02-24-2007, 12:53 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

MYGT500, what tuner in MI are you referring to? What is the deal they are offering on the Whipple?
Old 02-24-2007, 01:02 PM
2006GTSC
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Herknav

So you are comparing a tuned Whipple verses a Saleen with the canned tune? No wonder you are going with the Whipple.
+1
I'm going with the Saleen from Team JDM with their stage 2 upgrade package which includes a dyno tune.
http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=213

Quick Reply: See ya Saleen!