Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby GT dealer visit

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Justabear
2nd Gear Member

Default Shelby GT dealer visit

I drove by the local dealer and spotted a Shelby GT (not the GT500) in the showroom. The salesbunny that first approached did not know anything intelligent so she quicky handed me off to the sales manager Richard Head. I asked Mr. Head, can I get this in White w/blue stripes? I believe so, I'll have to check (No, but I confirmed he doesn't know the product very well). I then noticed the car was priced at MSRP + the Shelby add on MSRP, roughly 38K with no added ADM on the sticker. I told Dick Head I would be interested in purchasing at MSRP and he laughed at me, said he needs at least 12K more (50K) added markup. Ford sure is doing a good job with their dealers making long term Ford customers!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby GT dealer visit

With a name like Dick Head were you surprized?
Old 02-24-2007, 12:07 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

We have a GT350 in the showroom, 9k added kit plus 12k ADM

lmfao
Old 02-24-2007, 12:11 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

"Salesbunny".....ha! Like it...that's a good oneto remember....
Old 02-24-2007, 12:17 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

wow. i would have been like "so, mind if i call you Dick?" "DICK HEAD! EL OH EL OH EL!"

just be like "you know, its either buy this for 50 grand, or just go to chevy and get a brand new corvette and save about 5 grand? whats stopping me?"
Old 02-24-2007, 12:44 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

I just don't get it. You all get fired up when they manufacture a product that is in high demand and they mark up the MSRP. I don't hear anyone complaining when they have to sell other models well below MSRP. The 07 F 150 4x4 Crew cabs are practically being given away by the dealers in my vicinity. Its the way capitalism works. They have all learned to use what I call the "Harley Davidson" method of supply and demand. You make just enough so the demand is always there. The do this with the Play station 3, Wii, Shelby etc.

In 1997 I ordered a 97 F150 4x4 ext cab XLT. I paid $23K delivered. Today they are selling 07 F150 Crew cabs 4x4 for $22800.

GM marks up tthe ZO6. Dodge marks up the Viper and the list goes on. There's a ton of money out there floating around in the baby Boomers 401K's. The first of the BB is retiring. I say , "Let the games begin".
Old 02-24-2007, 01:35 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Come to north Jersey, there's a dealer that sells EVRYTHING at sticker (GT500, Saleen, Shelby GT, etc, etc)
Old 02-24-2007, 01:38 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

What dealer is that? Im in north jersey...I hate the dealer down the street from me soI have to travel to get stuff done.

ORIGINAL: JimsGT

Come to north Jersey, there's a dealer that sells EVRYTHING at sticker (GT500, Saleen, Shelby GT, etc, etc)
Funny story BTW...lmao dick head...
Old 02-24-2007, 01:41 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

What dealer is that? Im in north jersey...I hate the dealer down the street from me soI have to travel to get stuff done.

Yeah, that would've been nice to mention it, right??? LOL

Fette Ford in Clifton, NJ (Where I got my '06 GT way under sticker)

www.fetteford.com

BTW... I can guess the dealer you hate thats down the street...is it on Washington Ave in Belleville, starts with an "E" ??? LOL

Old 02-24-2007, 01:51 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Yeah Elite....they are not elite they suck...Im going to fette now...ill have to check it out soon

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Yeah, that would've been nice to mention it, right??? LOL

Fette Ford in Clifton, NJ (Where I got my '06 GT way under sticker)

www.fetteford.com

BTW... I can guess the dealer you hate thats down the street...is it on Washington Ave in Belleville, starts with an "E" ??? LOL

Quick Reply: Shelby GT dealer visit