Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best color for resale

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:54 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Best color for resale

ORIGINAL: crazyemi

Definitely Legend Lime. I saw mine, and immediately said "I have to buy this right now before someone else does!"

Plus, I have seen no other Legend Limes where I live, it's so fun to stand out!
Scarcity does not neccesarily equate to a higher price. It could mean they are not popular and therefore bring less when sold.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:02 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Go on CarMax and see what the most popular color is.

The color that sells more new sells quicker used.

Period.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:07 PM
WuStangKlan
I ♥ Acer

WRONG - Sorry try again. (very lame)

ORIGINAL: SlinkyBMX

Are you asking this because you are getting a mustang and want good resale value? First off, color is all personal preference. I don't believe color would sway the price or value of a vechile. There will always be a person for whatever color the car may be. Second, if you were in love with yellow, but black had higher resale value, would you get black? I don't think that if you can afford one of these cars that resale value on a certain color would matter. I know I wouldn't buy a color that had more value than another color that I actually liked.

But anyways, it's deffinally Alloy
Old 02-24-2007, 09:08 PM
WuStangKlan
I ♥ Acer

You would buy 2? WTF are you saying?

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

I wouldn't buy one.

ORIGINAL: WuStangKlan

YOU ARE WRONG - Look it up.

SILVER is the BEST RESALE COLOR.

Prove me wrong -Anyone?

Are you asking this because you are getting a mustang and want good resale value? First off, color is all personal preference. I don't believe color would sway the price or value of a vechile. There will always be a person for whatever color the car may be. Second, if you were in love with yellow, but black had higher resale value, would you get black? I don't think that if you can afford one of these cars that resale value on a certain color would matter. I know I wouldn't buy a color that had more value than another color that I actually liked.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:13 PM
WuStangKlan
I ♥ Acer

Do you know Legend Lime is ALREADY a classic, valuable color?

I would vote for legend lime because I love the color and it is no longer made.

BUT - BEST Resale color still = Silver because it is the most "popular" color and it is the German color (and it looks so cool - next to black of course ...) Especially with black stripes This is all subjective - there is no wrong answer... (silver is easy to keep clean looking - that is why the german cars are all silver) Silver means class and quality worldwide. Pretty much a given here. Just asking to see just in case I decide to sell I know who will bw looking for a color. Silver seems like it would be liked by all - I mean - who doesn't like silver?

ORIGINAL: wingman75

Definitely Legend Lime. I saw mine, and immediately said "I have to buy this right now before someone else does!"

Scarcity does not neccesarily equate to a higher price. It could mean they are not popular and therefore bring less when sold.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:45 PM
SlinkyBMX
2nd Gear Member

How old are you? Please don't insult me for expressing my opinon.

WRONG - Sorry try again. (very lame)

Old 02-24-2007, 10:03 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

SCREW YOU ALL!!!

Windveil Blue!!!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:06 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Legend Lime for the authentic Mustang collector. However, for the Saturday night cruiser...its Red Fire Hands down. Not to hot as Torch Red, but still a stand out color with class......
Old 02-24-2007, 10:09 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Do you know Legend Lime is ALREADY a classic, valuable color?

I would vote for legend lime because I love the color and it is no longer made.

BUT - BEST Resale color still = Silver because it is the most "popular" color and it is the German color (and it looks so cool - next to black of course ...) Especially with black stripes This is all subjective - there is no wrong answer... (silver is easy to keep clean looking - that is why the german cars are all silver) Silver means class and quality worldwide. Pretty much a given here. Just asking to see just in case I decide to sell I know who will bw looking for a color. Silver seems like it would be liked by all - I mean - who doesn't like silver?

ORIGINAL: wingman75

me, unless it is on a backdrop of sonic blue....then its allright...I personally have never wanted or bought a silver car....I prefer Blues, but more importantly I prefer colors that stand out (originality) and not everyone has. Silver may be the most widely seen along with black, but to me that is not what I want. I like the legend lime, its tight...Black is black....mean...nuff said....but IMO.....I still think The Sonic Blue....in my area its pretty rare.....The car lots sold the Sonic Blue GT's fast...to me silvers were available everywhere and everyone had them....I can drive on Any Ford lot here in west Fla.. and find at least 3 or 4 of them...I can drive to some car rental lots and see allot of them as well in silver...popularity? maybe....but then again....more Big Macs are consumed by americans as compared to steak....popularity or convenience?? you decide.....for me Sonic Blue
Old 02-24-2007, 10:13 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Y'all are missing the point.

What makes a color the most easily sold used?

The color that's the most popular new.

Hel-lo?!

Quick Reply: Best color for resale