Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleencharger tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:01 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default Saleencharger tune

Ive got the saleen supercharger coming and was wondering does any company out there offer an e-mail tune on an sct xcal so I dont have to wait and send out my computer to saleen?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleencharger tune

Can't help ya....but I had the chance to see this supercharger in person being installed on a GT. All I can say is holy cow!!! I loved how it looked and if it runs half as good as it looks it will be a nice piece of equip. Wish I had the jing to get one right now. Maybe next year.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Ive got the saleen supercharger coming and was wondering does any company out there offer an e-mail tune on an sct xcal so I dont have to wait and send out my computer to saleen?
+1
Old 02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

If your worried about sending your ecu out for a tune I suggest just getting a custom dyno tune with either a Diablosport tuner or Xscal tuner...IMO that would be the best way to go besides the tune from Saleen...
Old 02-25-2007, 09:39 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

JDM can help you out. http://www.teamjdm.com/
Old 02-25-2007, 09:53 PM
RedFire281
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

I don't think it should be a matter of whether you have to wait for your PCM to come back from Saleen -by the time you finish the install (or your installer) the PCM would have come back if you shipped it on the day you open the box. The real consideration is whether you will be happy with a "Factory Saleen" tune or you're into DIY. Once your PCM has been programmed by Saleen you cannot simply make adjustments to the settings - you need to get a dyno and send the PCM and the dyno sheet to Saleen and get it changed. Even something as critical as A/F ratio cannot be tweaked. Saleen "locks" its tunes so that if you want to use an XCal or Diablo tune in the future you must send the PCM to a Ford dealer to upload a "Ford Factory" program, and only then will your tuner be able download or build a custom tune.

Bottomline, if you're going to be happy with a conservative tune and will not be expecting to change any settings (I think the standard Saleen SC tune is about 355 rwhp) then go with Saleen. Otherwise, spend the extra ching up-front and get a canned tune that you will be able to tweak in the future. Call Jim at JDM and I'm sure he'll be a big help - www.teamjdm.com.

Hope this helps,

John
Old 02-25-2007, 10:00 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

I was thinkin JDM could do it, i saw their packages with the sct but it never mentioned on the site that they would sale just the tune, i guesss monday i will be making some calls.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2007, 10:07 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Hey, POWERS, would you kindly post or PM me their response?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Do you not live in a place that has a dynotuner nearby??? The best way to enjoy your Saleen is with a custom dynotune...

your not the Matt Powers that went to UT and got commisioned in the AF in 97 are you?
Old 02-25-2007, 10:37 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

Hey, POWERS, would you kindly post or PM me their response?

Thanks
Sure thing

Quick Reply: Saleencharger tune