Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome set of Rotors from Lethal Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 01:25 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Default Awesome set of Rotors from Lethal Performance

Jared over at Lethal hooked me up with a set of GMS's new slotted and dimpled rotors for the S197's. They are Black Zinc coated and have the great look off cross drilled rotors with out the cracking issue that cross drilled rotors have.

I went ahead and installed the rotors along with Hawk HPS pads.

Here is the link for the rotors on Lethal’s Site.. Jared said he would have the pricing up soon.

Granatelli 05-07 GT Zinc Coated Slotted & Dimpled Rotors (Set) [GM-BR0507S] - $0.00

They also sell the fronts and rears separate.

When it comes to the looks department, these would be a worth while add-on for that reason alone. At the cars show on Saturday I had at least 15 people ask about the rotors. It really adds to the look of the car over the stock plane jane rotors. Even the 03 cobra next to me with brembo rotors was asking if they made them for the 03/04 cobras..

Now when it comes to stopping power the rotors combined with the HPS pads has much more stopping power and I have yet to experience any brake fade or glazing. And I have put the brakes thru some hard braking in the past couple weeks. Just this past Saturday I had the car at 130mph and braked hard to get it down to 60mph only to go right back to 140 and then back to 60mph.. Then again to 145+ and back down to 50mph. Even on the third hard braking there was no noticeable difference in stopping power between sprints. I have yet to see the HPS pads with the GMS rotors fade during my spirited drives unlike the factory setup that I have had let me down many times under the same conditions.

The combination over the stock pads/rotors has much more bite and better response. No squealing has been present; when braking if you listen closely you can here the slotting in the rotors doing their job on the pads.

The rotors come with a Lifetime warranty against Warping and cracking, I have not seen any other rotors come with this.
The black zinc coating also sets them apart in that the contrast between the rotor surface and the black on the dimples/slots really makes them stand out.

Hawk HPS pads & GMS Rotors are a perfect match.

I attached a stock GMS photo or the rotors. I had one of the local guys take some pics of them at the show and once I get them sent to me I'll post them up. The black wears off the braking surface and is only left in the recessed areas (Slotts/dimples) for a great look.

Give the guys at lethal a call on these if you are looking for awesome looks/performance or just need something to replace worn rotors. Lethal also sells the Hawk HPS pads that I installed with these rotors.[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/49813/FCA8E7AA59434C87BEA1B79E69D8A399.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-26-2007, 02:15 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Awesome set of Rotors from Lethal Performance

I installed the Power Slot Rotors and Hawk Pads and I noticed that the inside back of the rotors there is a Ford Logo.I was wondering if they just machine slot the Factory Rotors and Zink coat them.

Anyone have a thought on this
Old 02-26-2007, 02:25 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Irotors and Hawk pads here...awesome look and better than stock performance.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:44 AM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

I installed the Power Slot Rotors and Hawk Pads and I noticed that the inside back of the rotors there is a Ford Logo.I was wondering if they just machine slot the Factory Rotors and Zink coat them.

Anyone have a thought on this
Hmmm, I wonder if they do just machine them and drill the slotts in.......
Old 02-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

That coating is going to end up all over the wheels once you start braking, no? I dunno how good they will look after that. Keep us posted.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:36 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Well that's different...specially when you said they have not glazed or faded....
Old 02-26-2007, 01:25 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Hmm
Those rotors look like the EBC ones I have. I am not a fan of the HAWK pads they tend to leave lots of brake dust and will start to squeal after awhile one slow easy stops.

Richard
Old 02-26-2007, 02:19 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

That coating is going to end up all over the wheels once you start braking, no? I dunno how good they will look after that. Keep us posted.
Only time you have added dust is during the breakin, After the first 20 miles the pads have been set and the coating on the rotors is worn off the brake surface. so no issues during daily driving.

ORIGINAL: TPony

Well that's different...specially when you said they have not glazed or faded....
With the stock pads/rotors the heat up and the surface glazes also when hot they fade.

The HPS pads have not shown anyfade and the slots on the rotors keep the pads from glazing when braking hard
Old 02-26-2007, 04:07 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

when are they going to be available?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:18 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

You can call Lethal to get info, but when I talked with Jared on Saturday he said he would get the info out first thing this week. I know that the pricing will be better then that of the Powerslots

Quick Reply: Awesome set of Rotors from Lethal Performance