Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZEX - Opinions from personal exp. please

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ZEX - Opinions from personal exp. please

Yes 100 shot, 93 octane tune and colder plugs (autolite hto)
Old 02-27-2007, 09:32 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

thanks a million.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

No problem.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:38 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Thurman what do you mean if I run a 75 shot you feel it will get lost? I'm not quite understanding what you are saying, are you saying it's not worth it?

I would consider the 100shot, but is there anybody that has been running a nitrous setup for a while with now problems, because I don't want my own nitrous horror story to tell.

Anyway when you run the 100shot without a tune you had not problems? Anybody give me an ebay link or link to a website that sells a window switch?

-Jeff
Old 02-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I am saying with a 300 hp engine already, you might not get that nitrous punch you are looking for with a 75 shot. That is why I am going from a 100 shot to 125 shot, one of the secrets of being safe is to run rich, not lean. what ever size shot you use , use the next bigger size fuel nozzle. Y ou will lose aprox 5 or so hp, but it is worth it!
As far as the window switch, go to www.zex.com for all details, price etc.
P.S. I have used 4 bottles with the 100 shot.
So if you run rich and use the window switch , I feel you will be safe.
Thurman.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:05 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Thurman you are half right, the thing with nitrous is that a 75 shot is 2 little for our engine. If you dyno a 75 shot it will show up like 60 rwhp or so, that means the nitrous is getting lost in the engine. I run a 150shot and have for a while now. I do run Colder sparks and a less timing tune. The zex kit automatically adjusts fuel so the car never runs lean because of high bottle pressure or rich because of low bottle pressure. Also I would not recommend running anything over a 75 shot w/o atleast a less timing tune. As for tires you will have to get new ones if you still are running the crapellis 235's. I am running faulken 275's and I still can't spray on 1st gear. AS for the window switch they mean this: http://www.compperformancegroupstore...OUSACCESSORIES

Check ebay, if you are gonna go nitrous I would suggest buying the bottle warmer/purge/pressure combo that is on ebay for around 180$

Andrew
Old 02-28-2007, 01:45 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I purchased my kit on ebay used. It comes with a bottle warmer, purge, and one other thing. I want to get the window switch asap, because I can't use the kit until I do. I already have AutoLite spark plugs from when I did my cams. I'm not sure if it comes with a fuel pressure safety switch, but i'm definately going to invest in one.

-Jeff
Old 02-28-2007, 01:54 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Anybody ever missed a gear when shifting using their nitrous?
Old 02-28-2007, 02:38 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Nothsa, I've been running Zex on my 2007 for about 4 months. Right now I have a 150 shot. To make it all work I put in cold spark plugs, a bottle heater with pressure switch, Hurst T-handle shifter with nitrous button (that way I am in complete control as to when it sprays), A Kenny Bell Boost a pump to supply the extra fuel needed, fuel pressure gauge to monitor during spraying, electric nitrous pressure gauge, alcohol injection to raise the octane of the fuel. Yes, my tires suffer when I dump the clutch while spraying, it looks cool but they don't hook up well at all. I try to use it sparingly, more at higher speeds when less tire spin will happen. 1st gear I can't use it unless I'm just playing and want to spin the tires, 2nd gear I have to be careful, it can get a little squirrely. 3rd & 4th gear no problem at all. I could use some wider tires on the rear that's for sure. I try to use it only when I am driving in a straight line as it fishtails real hard if I am in a turn at all. Before I lowered the car and put on my d-spec shocks it was real scary because of body roll, I almost wrecked it once. So definately consider setting up the suspension to handle the higher shot power increase. It took all this stuff to make it work for me. But, you certainly don't need all this for a tame 75 HP shot.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:09 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

If you miss a gear when shifting, can somebody explain to me what is going to happen? I would think the nitrous would activate but if you have an arming switch and let the RPM's drop won't it deactivate? I'm starting to worry about missing a gear just because of the pressure of f*cking up my car.

-Jeff

Quick Reply: ZEX - Opinions from personal exp. please