Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-16-2015, 12:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Worst mod. you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:46 PM
2006GTSC
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Worst mod. you have done?

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

Sorry, Still say the best mods are no mods!
... :Sigh:.... []
Old 03-01-2007, 08:08 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Worst mod. Purchasing of Roush rear springs. Why? Cause I bought them and then started reading posts on this forum stating things like, "you have to get an adjustable pan hard, and the adjustable LCA's". I just wanted to lower the rear end to level out the beltline rake. I don't have any of the rear end noise issues that others have, and the last thing I want to do is mess that up. Now I'm terrified to wrench on the car and install them. Oh and one morebad mod,was the purchasing of a Mid West Auto Gear intake plenum cover. I paid a boat load of cash, and then a month later Ford came out with their version and I liked it much more. So off to the dealer for a Ford IPC . Although the over priced Mid West version looks sweet hanging in my garage.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:25 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

I hear ya...I would have saved a lot of money if I know what I know now...[&:]

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

I just had the standard Steeda CAI and tune, I know now that it was the stock Steeda tune that was the problem and not the CAI itself. I didn't mean it to sound like the CAI was poorly made, in fact, the filter element housing is better quality than my C&L piece of plastic. I'm sure i could have saved some coin by keeping the CAI and just getting a new tune from Brenspeed or something. Live and learn though.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

my k&n typhoon knockoff CAI. i guess if i didnt want to ever do anything else it would be fine cause no tune was needed, but seeing as how i wanna get a tune i'll be upping it to a C&L or JLT so basically the 100 bucks spent on the other CAI was a waste.

.....maybe i can get 50 bucks for it when the time comes
Old 03-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

wow, that sounds like a lot of fun
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs
3.73's = made noise ever since, replaced over and over
its gods way of telling you to stop putting anything taller then 4.10s in an NA mustang

on my 6er i had a MAC CAI, and gave meprobably a whole .00003 hp,even though its a new edge, but
Old 03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arwing

wow, that sounds like a lot of fun
Yea, I would never mod my Mustang. [&:]
Old 03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

Worst mod. Purchasing of Roush rear springs. Why? Cause I bought them and then started reading posts on this forum stating things like, "you have to get an adjustable pan hard, and the adjustable LCA's". I just wanted to lower the rear end to level out the beltline rake. I don't have any of the rear end noise issues that others have, and the last thing I want to do is mess that up. Now I'm terrified to wrench on the car and install them. Oh and one morebad mod,was the purchasing of a Mid West Auto Gear intake plenum cover. I paid a boat load of cash, and then a month later Ford came out with their version and I liked it much more. So off to the dealer for a Ford IPC . Although the over priced Mid West version looks sweet hanging in my garage.
Sorry to hear that. Ive had the rears for a year now and no regrets what so ever. Alignment is good, tire wear is perfectly even. No strange noises. One of the easiest mods.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:39 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scramblr

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Yeah this is a good thread. I'm saving for the kooks long tube headers with x-pipe included. Has anyone regretted buying those?
Oh, not for one second. Matched up with Borla Stingers...The car sounds mean as hell. That with the delete plates which I did within two weeks of the LT install, damn, the car pulls like a monster up top!!!
+1 10-4 that and throw in a saleen sc and all is sweet...
Old 03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I know it is now, but when i first installed it I just went by the directions. The bmr sleeves don't look like they could handle 129 ft lbs much less 140. The stock sleeve look 10 times stronger.

ORIGINAL: scramblr

ORIGINAL: moosestang

fix your alignment! I was going to do some wide tires in the back, but I think it will only hurt my 1/4 mile times so i'll stick to 255/50/17's on all 4 corners.

The worst mod i've done so far has got to be my BMR adjustable panhard rod. Tightening the passenger side to the recommended 140 ft lbs has bent the inner sleeve and it eats up bushings like crazy. BMR sent me some new bushings, but no new sleeve and so far they haven't replied to my email about the sleeve. I should have stuck with che, their control arm bushings still look new.
I'm pretty sure it's 129ft lbs. I'll go lookat the service manual in a bit, it's on my desktop pc.

Quick Reply: Worst mod. you have done?