Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Sales Decline

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default Mustang Sales Decline

I was reading the production numbers for February and Mustang sales are down more than 19 percent from last year. There are 2 factors to consider on this.

1.) February was more brutal this year than in years past.
2.) It appears that most people who wanted the new Mustangs have them.

I bet in the next few months, there will be some incentives like cash back and low interest rate loans to get them moving again. I would think that if you are in the market for a new Mustang,the dealers are just about ready to wheel and deal.

What are your thoughts?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Sales Decline

Well let's hope that those who are purchasing Shelbys' in the future will finally get them without dealer mark-up. Still am interested in the new models coming out in the future. Bullitt, and maybe a new Mach One or Boss?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

I think gas prices steadily creeping back up might play a role as well. Also, Ford Marking up all their "Specialty" mustangs isnt helping either. At one local dealer**** there have been 3 GT500's on the lot for at least 2 months(Gas guzzler tax and all). I went by there the other night: 3 GT500's each with a $20,000 markup, Foose mustang, and 1 new Shelby GT. Couldnt see the sticker on the Shelby GT though. Dunno what the deal is with Ford though. I truley believe that they are on their way to being bought out. Just read all the problems just the Mustang owners are encountering with thir cars. Mine is even in the shop as we speak!! Computer ****-up, rear end whine, and trouble putting gas in the car!

Still LOVE the stang though!

Time will tell I guess......

Joel
Old 03-01-2007, 05:10 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

I hate to say it but....
Some people shopping for a 'stang may have come here and read
about all the TSB's and other problems, Just the cabin leakage alone scared
some away I'm sure.
NOT ME !!!!
I Bleed Blue !!!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Also they should not have announced there will be a new mustang. people are now going to wait for a better option that compares with the camaro.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 PM
dborne
1st Gear Member

all the american products have seen drops in sales
Old 03-01-2007, 05:26 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dborne

all the american products have seen drops in sales
GM was up more than 3 percent. I heard while I was on a cruise last month GM is building the Camaro and is tooling for it right now. The production car is supposed to be the same as the concept version.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:33 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Yeah they are not giving buyers very good options. The V6 and the base GT are good buys, but if you want something a little different you are looking at paying like double what a GT costs (about 60k or even more). I am not sure what that other Shelby (not the GT500, the other one) costs, but it's not anything special.

I would like to see a tuned 330 HP model from Ford. Obviously if we can all do it for about $600 it can't be hard for Ford. It would be cool to see some body kit options as well....maybe they could use some 3dCarbon stuff since they are licensed by Ford. Side skirts, side scoops, window scoops...something. Maybe some more aggressive gears...3.90s or something.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

I just dropped in my dealership the other day and they had a nice new Shelby GT and it had a nice phat $20k markup on it bring the total to ... that's right kids, $58k. Seriously now? That's what GT500's are going for!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:40 PM
shamrock..

I hate to say it, but Ford is an old mans company. They have yet to adapt to any other kind of sports car market. A lot of people are getting into the sport compact market such as the WRX, EVO Cobalt SS, SRT-4 and whats the only thing Ford has the Mustang. They should have kept a vehicle like the Contour SVT or even the SVT line of vehicles. The dumbasses at the top of the food chain are idiots. I wonder if they will be suprised when one day at thetop of their pay check says Toyota or Honda. I love the Mustang and all ,but come on. They deserve what they get

Quick Reply: Mustang Sales Decline