Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liquid Glass Polish

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default Liquid Glass Polish

http://www.liquidglass.com/lgpolish.htm

I used this and I am totally blown away. When using the polish I never had any streaks, hazing, or smears. My car is black and now shining literally like glass. While applying the polish I could actually feel the stuff making the paint harden as if it was bonding right underneath my hand. Take from a guy who waxes his car at least one a week and I have had nothing to brag about for a while until using this product. This polish can be apply and taken off in minutes and the shine that appears is unfu@king real. My friend gave me his can because I wouldn't try in because it sells for 25 dollars a can but damn it's worth it money in gold. You can find this stuff at Auto Zone. Please try it and get back to me I'm dying to hear you say I'm right.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:33 PM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Liquid Glass Polish

did you have to strip off the old wax?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:51 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

I've never used it, being a meguiars or 3m man myself, but have heard nothing but good about it from eveyone who used it. The autozone I worked at quit carrying it a few years ago and apparently had so many complaints that they got it backa year later
Old 03-02-2007, 05:48 PM
silver2006
1st Gear Member

i been using it for years and love it. the placed i worked at before bought up a warehouse with some cases of it in there. they sold it to me for $1 a can just to get it out of the way. i bought every can they had (about 24) gave some away. still have 6. easy on, easy off, looks great and road sh t doesn't stick to it.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:19 PM
JDBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Yep, it's good stuff !
Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 PM
slammer1
2nd Gear Member

I love liquid glass also, been using it since the early 80's, can't understand why they don't market L.G. more. I have tried some of the newer waxes, but always go back to Liquid Glass. If you don't have a buffer this is the best shine in my opinion. I have tried high speed and orbital buffers with L.G. but it does'nt seem to give any better shine than hand application. But beware this stuff penetrates into the paint! It does not contain natural carnuba wax! Body & Paint men will tell you that touch-ups and feathering in paint onto a car that has this or some of the other man-made polishes which are near this formula require more time for proper painting prep. Some use light steel wool & wax remover to remove L.G. If you need paint work or a detailer to fill in some paint chips/scratches let them know L.G. has been applied. I'm a Meguires user for all other detailing products, tried thier NXT wax last summer, shine was ok but it was hard to remove and had a sticky/gummy feel after removal! Liquid Glass is still the best!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:07 PM
SlinkyBMX
2nd Gear Member

When I first got my car I went to Napa and told them I want the best wax they have. They gave me this. I got home and started reading it and it said if I wanted to remove it I had to use steel wool. So I just set it aside and used Ice. What does this product do to your paint? Can you remove it saftly?
Old 03-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Ragnar
1st Gear Member

Yeah I used it on my 2000 Mustang and was pretty happy. I use Zaino on my 2006 and like it better.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:52 PM
RedNyt GT
2nd Gear Member

That stuff is the best ! Especially on dark colored vehicles. I used it on my black 2001 F150 and after doing it several times, it looks like a black diamond. I'll be using on my RedFire GT when the time comes.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I've used the Glass for 20 years. I swear by the stuff, and wouldn't use anything else.

The protection builds up on top of previous applications, and once you get 3-4 applications on, you literally will have a 'glass' protection on your paint. I've had mishaps with my car and thought that I'd scratched the paint, but it turned out that I had only scratched the Liquid Glass layer!

And yes, they have a pre-treat product you should use to take off previous coats of other polish before the first use and itwill also strip the LG. In fact, it'srecommended that you take it down once a year or so, and then build the layers up again.

Quick Reply: Liquid Glass Polish