Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Californa Water Blade

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Californa Water Blade

I dunno about the microfiber waffle weave cloths since I've never used one (nor seen them at any of the local auto parts stores, WalMart, or Target), but I know the Absorber works awesome...It does a great job at getting the car dry.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 AM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

I bought a California Water Blade from Target, they really cost 2 bucks there, could not believe it, be careful to use the Water Blade carefully so you don't scratch your car.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Although most of you like it I have my doupts. Boy any dirt, whatever still on the vehicle will scratch the paint. And it will only take one time to scratch it up. I don't even like chamois, too close and drag along the paint. I like to use nice soft bath towels.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:31 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jays Mustang

Although most of you like it I have my doubts. Boy any dirt, whatever still on the vehicle will scratch the paint. And it will only take one time to scratch it up. I don't even like chamois, too close and drag along the paint. I like to use nice soft bath towels.
this is true. you have to be very careful when using the waterblade. bath towels i would be skeptical with. i use microfiber towels, however any towel will scratch if you're applying to much pressure.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

With the bath towels I hardly use any pressure, just lightly wipe and keep folding. If anything hits the ground (drying,polish etc.) they go into garbage.I guess the main thing is to wash the car good in the first place. But I still don't like draging anything along the surface, I had one of those water blades,I got in a goodie bag from a car show once, I used it about a foot and threw it in the garbage. I wasn't going to ruin my paint in my opinion. But to each his own.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Those micro-fiber towelsare great for polishing. $12 for 4 of them but there worth it. Just bought some for the spring on friday. Can't wait for warm weather to get that first coat of wax on to start the season.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:06 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

I dunno about the microfiber waffle weave cloths since I've never used one (nor seen them at any of the local auto parts stores, WalMart, or Target), but I know the Absorber works awesome...It does a great job at getting the car dry.

to find the good microfiber, your best bet is to shop online at pro car detail sites. i know some guys who detail cars professionallyand that's where they shop.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:49 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

I bought "The Original California Water Blade" as per the packaging, from Target for $7.99. It is an 11" model...but For 13 bucks in savings, I can live without the extra inch!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:57 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jays Mustang

Those micro-fiber towelsare great for polishing. $12 for 4 of them but there worth it. Just bought some for the spring on friday. Can't wait for warm weather to get that first coat of wax on to start the season.
Target also has those 12 towels for $7.99...awesome quality!
Old 03-05-2007, 05:01 PM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

Been using the Cali Blade for 6 months now. Works great to get the main water off. I use microfiber towels to finish up. Then a quick detailer to give it the fresh waxed look. Full wax every 6 months. The blade will save alot of time and is perfectly safe to use.

Quick Reply: Californa Water Blade