Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE W/BRENPEEED

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:39 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE W/BRENPEEED

Ruf, it think when you say
I'll take 370 for $750.
you forget about all the money you spent on your other mods to get you to 330 in the first place. Now, how much does your 370 to the wheelscost again?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:54 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Couldn't agree more!

Power where you can actually use it, especially for the street....

Don't be drawn into peak HP #'s at 6500 rpm, look a the powerband and where your getting the power.

I had a centrifugal blower on my Fox, after driving cars w/ twin screws I wouldn't go back.
Dave, I think you are biased b/c of your Fox body. Yes, the 2V engines don't breathe nearly as well as ours and the centris didn't build boost until later in the powerband. As per my conversation today, our 3v engines breathe so much better that the old notion that turbos and centris have lag is essentially bunk for our cars. Ask some of the guys running turbos if they have lag on our engines, I bet they'll say the same thing.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:55 AM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

All I'm saying is 40 hp for $750 seems like a bargain compared to $4k for a 100 hp.

The FAST intake isn't out yet - so we'll see. But I'll bet they'll sell a bunch of 'em if they can put out 40hp!

And - they'll work even better for those of us with cams!
Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Couldn't agree more!

Don't be drawn into peak HP #'s at 6500 rpm, look a the powerband and where your getting the power.

I had a centrifugal blower on my Fox, after driving cars w/ twin screws I wouldn't go back.
Dave, I think you are biased b/c of your Fox body. Yes, the 2V engines don't breathe nearly as well as ours and the centris didn't build boost until later in the powerband. As per my conversation today, our 3v engines breathe so much better that the old notion that turbos and centris have lag is essentially bunk for our cars. Ask some of the guys running turbos if they have lag on our engines, I bet they'll say the same thing.
Just to correct here, that quote was from me not Dave.

Breathing better, i suppose but that isn't the issue here. Its where the blower will give you the power.
Do you want a constant stream of power on the low and mid range, or do you want your majority of power to come in the upperband?
Has everything to do with the design of the blower, not the car.

400 horse's on a KB car and 400 horse's on a centi...see ya later.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt93style
Couldn't agree more!

Just to correct here, that quote was from me not Dave.

Breathing better, i suppose but that isn't the issue here. Its where the blower will give you the power.
Do you want a constant stream of power on the low and mid range, or do you want your majority of power to come in the upperband?
Has everything to do with the design of the blower, not the car.

400 horse's on a KB car and 400 horse's on a centi...see ya later.
I agree T/S all the way
when I have the spare cash for a SC I'll def get the KB 2.6 or I might try the 2.8 (but the 2.8 is really meant as an upgrade for the trems)
and I don't like the Idea of a non-intercooled centris with a plastic intake
Old 03-07-2007, 04:29 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

I had the same conversation with him a couple weeks ago. Got a similar response but was directed to the available kit he already has.

I thought that Paxton and Vortec were basically one in the same.... arent there shops like co-located or something? Anyways, why not just get the Paxton Supercharger kit he has online right now? Its intercooled, comes with the HT0plugs, boost a pump, #39 injectors, and his custom tuned X-Cal2. Kit puts out 460-480 RWHP and he told me that you could tune it down to a lower level if needed. This kit is under $4800 shipped.

Just a thought. Trust me, I wish he had the TS too!!

Well I called him to see if there were any plans on carrying twin screws such as Saleen and Whipple b/c I would rather have a tune from him than just about anyone, and it's hard to find a reasonably priced tune for these. I explained I'm looking to get about 400-425rwhp for as little money as possible (aren't we all). After a detaileddiscussion of the pros/cons of these 3V engines and different S/C systems he wound up talking me out of a T/S and into a new package he'll be making available within one month.

He'll be offering a non-intercooled Vortech package making 8psi or less producing400-430rwhp(depending on your needs). This will include the HT0 plugs, injectors, intake, tuner with various tunes, basically everything youneed, all for well under $4000 shipped! He also said if you already have his tuner, there's an additional discount. They're still fine tuning the tune/package on the dyno and he'll be posting thorough dyno sheets on his site soon.

So, just FYI, if you're looking into a S/C system but were waiting for prices to drop, you may want to wait a couple more weeks for this. I expect the tune to be safe and reliable as are his other tunes.

I'll try to keep us posted or you can check hissite in the coming weeks. Hope this was informative.
[IMG]local://upfiles/40675/C85A3D7B07EE4AD59BF90692DBF69FD5.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-07-2007, 04:59 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

Brent told be that if your running 8-9 psi or less an intercooler is not necessary. I guess that's why the Whipple and KB 6psi kits are non IC.
What Whipple an KB kits that are 8-9 psi??? The Whipple is 10.5 psi, and the KB is only available as the 2.6L which is 10psi. The 2.4L kit from KB is no longer available/being produced.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:26 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Check KB site, they have a 5lb non IC kit and Whipple has a 6lb non IC kit claiming 415rwhp. (Check Lethal Performance and Whipples site for those)

Heres the non IC Whipple thread withthe dyno video link https://mustangforums.com/m_2299403/tm.htm

I thought of the Brensped kit they have now but I do want to stay about 400-425 rwhp and if i can do that for about $1000 less than their current kit, then why not wait a couple of weeks? As long as it's safe, then it's definitely an option worth looking at. I'm still on the fence about the non IC whipple too.For $4275 its also a bargainI think. The Saleen, from everything I've researched so far, you're looking at $5000 or more no matter how you slice it to get to 400+rwhp safely.

As far as torque curves, I'm interested to look at the dyno sheets Brent said he'd put up. I have a couple of links to KB and Whipple dyno sheets for comparison. I will do my homework before a purchase.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:04 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

let us know which one you decide and what specifically made your decision for you. good luck!!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:58 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

my 2 cents.....I am a long time supporter of Brenspeed...and when i called them to talk about parts for my saleen, Dave all but laughed me outta there...obviously they will talk up their charger package when you call them about a charger tune they do not carry....Again, Big fan of brenspeed...but seriously, i was disappointed on Dave's superiority complex he had....in reference to their charger....again to each is own....to me Saleen to theirs is truly apples to oranges...2 different style blowers and each one with their own respectable market....I am obviously going with the Saleen....I also decided not to go with a Brenspeed Saleen tune, just because of JDM's experience with Saleen is much greater than that of brenspeeds...(no disrespect here at all to Brent...he is awesome) but I will say that when I did speak to Dave I was a little turned off and it did weigh slightly in my decision to cancel my injectors and tune order and other parts from them...well that and i found them $80 cheaper...but no matter what you get, I dont think you will be disappointed...I personally am NOT looking for rocket ship power in my daily driver...the only thing I think I will miss with My saleen is that beautiful supercharger whine....good luck to ya and let us know what you get

Quick Reply: JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE W/BRENPEEED