Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you guys have to hear this....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

Default you guys have to hear this....

I had to take my mustang in for some service. I have had the car 3 days as some of you already know and this will be my seond day in a row taking it in because they could not perform on of jobs for me on Monday. They could not get the wheels off because they did not have the key and accused me a loosing it. There was also no spare or jack in the trunk. And remember this is a 5 star Ford dealership. The car left the dealer without being balanced (which was why I brought it in) and no spare or jack so I feel they were lieing to me so they said, Ok we will just cut the lugs off and put on regular lugs and (they were not stock rims) then while im waiting, (I could have taken a loaner but they told me it wouldnt be that long) a guy comes out of the finance office and says "do you have anyone that can co sign for you" I said I was like WTF? "uh..no... I shouldnt need one". they basicly "approved" me for the loan without actually talking to the bank first and the bank was ford finance not wells fargo like I originally though. then they said they perfer going with ford finance because they get more credit for the sale. I have no idea if thats true or not but makes sence. I even gave them 1000 cash on the day I "bought" the car and they took the money from me knowing they still havent gotten me approved by the bank when they told me they did.

I said you know what, Give me my $1000 and my 04 GT back and I will be on my way. He said they could not do that because I have already signed the paper work for the car and that they will try and get me financed at wells. I told them to let my talk to the general manager and after fighting with them [sm=headbang.gif] they gave me back my 1000 and gave me back the 2004 GT then I went to carmax and they approved me at Wells for 4% lower than what ford was trying to do. When they said I was approved for that certain ammount they (the Ford dealer) told me my APR but they were going off of my last loan it was not my real APR. Ex. my last loan had an APR of 8%. So they told me they approved me at %8. Yeah the dealer approved me not the bank. Only because they felt they could get that going with Ford Finance but it turned out that i needed a co-signer.

This 2006 Grey GT has the silver trim and leather seats and the 6 guages with message center. My other one did not have all that, plus it has the mag wheels that I like, and yes the "GT" emblems. The last car was made to look like a sleeper by the previous owner.

Man what a morning, im just glad I got it all sorted out.

If you have a carmax near you I recommend going there. No haggling, no BS, no "your approved but we didnt call the bank and ill take you down payment" crap. Im not saying all ford dealers are like that its just that I had a very bad ex.[&o]

anyone else have a really good ex. with carmax? This 2006 is also a much cleaner car than the last one.

I ordered some silver 2005+ style "MUSTANG GT" rocker stripes and now It looks like I need the black ones now.

Ill get some pics soon. Thank you for choosing blkGTconvert04. I know you have a choice in threads and it looks like you chose the long one.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Embalmer
1st Gear Member

Default RE: you guys have to hear this....

You need to be better educated when buying a car. Apply for the loan yourself at your preferred bank first, then, when you are satisfied with the terms, take the check into the dealership. Most dealerships will try and finance you with whatever bank gives them the best kickbacks, so try not to depend on them for the best rates.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:55 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

Embalmer is right, they go with whoever gives them the biggest kickbacks at a rate they think you will take.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Damn thats a lot of stuff in one morning.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:10 PM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

im an educated car buyer but yeah this was actually one of the first times (out of about 23 car loans)I let the dealer choose instead of me. I wont be making that mistake again. I just didnt believe some of them lie to you about your loan. It really wasnt them not giving me the best rate or them chosing the rate for me it was them lieing to me saying everything was all set enjoy your car when they didnt even approve me in the first place.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Agree. Always have your financing in place first through a bank, then deal on the car.

As for Carmax, nothing but good experiences with them (sold a car to them, and bought a new car from them as well).
Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sw07gt

Damn thats a lot of stuff in one morning.
i know, i finally got to work about 2pm when I usually go in about 10am.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:37 PM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

Agree. Always have your financing in place first through a bank, then deal on the car.

As for Carmax, nothing but good experiences with them (sold a car to them, and bought a new car from them as well).
did you buy your stang from there?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

the best things I love about this forum is when ever somebody types up a funny or interesting story (like I did) people will still give advice. So to everybody (Embalmer, etc)I thank you and like I said I will post some pics of the GT whenever I get a moment. Im really just glad its all over and I ended up going with my perferred bank and getting a great rate.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:51 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

This is not a good representation of all dealers, just as in life some of these boys are good and some are bad....I've bought and sold cars to one dealer. Some will say brand logos or customer loyalty doesnt matter, I'll call him a liar. I drove 2000 miles to buy my lightning because I trust my dealer...All things being equal, your dealership experiance was bad and I hope that SOB dies in his sleep

Quick Reply: you guys have to hear this....