Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pony Tribar Spinner Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:16 AM
MN_Mustang06

Default Pony Tribar Spinner Installation

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. I have an 06 Mustang V6 w/ the pony package. My questions is this: I have 17" tires that came on the pony pack, and I recently purchased the tribar pony spinners from Ford. I am wondering if anyone on this forum has installed them, and has any install tips. No instructions came w/ the spinners. Thanks in advance for your help !
Old 03-07-2007, 11:43 AM
GT4HUTCH
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pony Tribar Spinner Installation

The best way to do it so you don't smurf up your rims trying to pry the certercaps off with a screwdriver, is to pull the wheels off. Just do one at a time or whatever. I put a large 3/4" deep socket on the backside of the center cap, and give the socket one little tap with a hammer and it comes right out. If you want to ensure that the factory center caps don't get scuffed on the concrete when they come out...roll the wheel over into the grass or something. Then knock it out. Your spinners can go on now or after you get the wheel back on the car. It's easier to go ahead and put the wheel back on first so you don't have to keep rotating the spinner to get to the lug nuts. The spinner snaps in just like a hubcap. That's it.

Just so you know. I had them on my car. The ones on the back seem to rotate easier than the front, even after you rotate the tires. I guess it just seats a little different on the rear of the car...anyways...I would get this annoying squeaking from the back left wheel. Nothing a little 3 in 1 oil didn't fix. Hope this helps. Go put 'em on!

HUTCH
Old 03-11-2007, 03:00 AM
VWILLO
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pony Tribar Spinner Installation

If the spinners seen a little loose just spread the "C" spring in the retention tabs a bit and the spinners will snug right up nicely. I have them also.