Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:13 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Sorry...

If 37,000 dollars is practical for you then more power to ya! I'm sorry too as you could have modded that stang to the tune of 37,000 dollars and have more HP than you know what to do with. JMO J
Old 03-08-2007, 08:50 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Well, if you had to buy elsewhere, at least it was one of those! Congrats and enjoy it.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:15 AM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S2K1
...I've been looking for a Mustang for a while and have had really bad experiences with the Ford dealers around here thinking their car is too good to be test driven, so I went with a different vehicle.
Know what you mean, a few years back my wife was interested in a sports car, so one night after dinner we went to a Ford dealership to test drive the new Thunderbird. They would not even let us drive one, they said that we had to buy it first! What fool would do that. We are in our 50's, great credit, we could have easily bought one full loaded that day. I guess that because we were in jeans and casual dress we didn't look like their kind of buyers. We bought a Toyota Celica the next day. Their attitude made me totally forget about buying anything Ford. Totally turned me off. When the Mustang GT came out I wanted that so bad that I finally did do business with Ford, only cause they produce the Mustang. When I see that Ford is in trouble and keep hearing how their dealerships treat folks, young and not so young alike, I can see why they have problems. I would seriously like to trade and get a Shelby - but what are their dealerships doing again - gouging real buyers with markups! They don't seem to get it.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 AM
guao
2nd Gear Member

I was looking into one of those but I understand they come in automatic only and I reeaalllyyyy like the manual anyway enjoy it is a powerfull auto also

i had no problems withthe test drive

[IMG]local://upfiles/47882/CC4B640D824849FA937E97186927C157.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

This would be an interesting case study! How big a Ford dealership was this? Sounds like a small one. Could you describe what you were wearing? I realize it's a Mustang and not a Mercedes, but I would still put on a good shirt and clean shoes to let the guys know I wasn't a looky loo.
Or maybe it was at the beginning of the month and all the salesmen were standing around grumbling about how they didn't win the bonus for the top salesman! They say to wait until the end of the month, but then you might be dealing with a loser who hasn't met his quota, because he's so incompetent! Show me a knowledgeable saleperson, please!
You might also want to build the Mustang online and then print out the result. Call the dealership and let them know you're coming in. Tell them you saw their add in the paper. Lets then know you're a serious buyer.
When I was looking at GTs in March of 2005 they were very rare and they had the nerve to tell me that they didn't want to put miles on the cars! So I went to the biggest Ford dealership and they let me spend some time test driving a GT.
As far as your eventual purchase, if you got to have 4 doors with lots of room, then the Charger is a great buy. Looks great and you couldn't touch a Lexus or Infinity GS sedan for $37 grand!
Enjoy!

Old 03-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

NIce ,great deal on the car! Its so tempting trading my stang for a charger RT, the SRT8 is out of my range. Dont get me wrong guys I love my stang but got a baby on the way.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:51 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

I saw one just like yours in traffic today, and I have to say that it's a really nice looking car. Too bad you had that experience with the Ford dealer, but just remember that all dealerships are different. Some of them just don't seem to want your business. Others fall over backwards to please the customer. And most of them are somewhere between.

Enjoy your new car.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:33 PM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

Sweet ride. The whole line of SRT8s are nice looking and very fast.

You couldwrite a note to the managers at the Ford Dealers that dissed you and enclose some pix of your new ride and a copy of the sales agreement and kindly point out how they dropped the ball onmaking a sale.

I'm really sorry to hear the Ford dealers were such jackholes. I had several Ford dealers ignore me completely when I went around looking for a Shelby GT500 (likely because I'm young-ish and there were tons of buyers beating down on dealers' doors for those cars a year ago). Finally, I walked into a Chevy dealer one day to look at some C6 and Z06 Vettes; I was wearing shorts and flip flops (normal for So Cal) and they wouldn't give me the time of day.

So, I found my ride at a dealer in the midwest, flew out one weekend, got a serious test drive, and paid cash on the spot. Afterwards, I walked into my local Chevy dealer to let them know they missed out on a serious sale (though ultimately, I probably coudn't have convinced myself to buy a Chevy).
Old 03-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

I like it... A lot... there is one on base, orange with the daytona stripes... NICE!... also a dark maroon one with a very aggressive scoop... love it! I thinkit is a sweet @ss ride
Old 03-08-2007, 07:25 PM
S2K1
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the compliments. I went to all of the Ford dealers within 20 miles(4 or 5 of them) and was either in my 02 Mercedes C-Class or my 04 Dodge Ram 2500 and I usually wear jeans and a polo shirt. Nothing grungy. Oh well. I'm loving the car having put 500 miles on it in 3 days trying to break it in so I can play with the right pedal more. It does have a bit more body roll than I was hoping for, but still handles better than any of my previous daily drivers with the exception of an 04 STi and 04 RX8.

Quick Reply: Sorry...