Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am officially an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 02:15 AM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I am officially an idiot

I think if we all had the stones to admit stuff we did by accident or just spacing off,this would be an even more interesting site than it is. And since we have all screwed the pooch before, its nice to have others let you know your not the only one who has. I also just had an incident with one of those concrete things in a parking lot. But fortunitly, for me and the four people behind my car it stopped my stupid butt from letting my car roll into them.

I was a local hangout for cars of all kinds, called "Biffs" here in San Antonio, and was parked in my space like I should have been but showing off my new Hurst short throw shifter to a guy. Like a dumb *** I get out, and leave the car in neutral. Four people were sitting in chairs in the space behind my car, and it started to roll back. I was like three feet from the curb and all I could do was jump behind the car and try to hold it back.

Nothing would have happaned if I had done nothing but I showed my *** and felt like a fool. I did learn to put the car in gear after that before I get out. []
Old 03-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ok here a stupid story
in the summer of 2003 (july) I took a but to FL to buy my second car (my first was an '85 t-bird v6 that was totaled on FM1960 other person's fault) and the car I went toFL to buy is my other car (a '85 t-bird v8) and here the stupid part I has gotten on I-10 and had been driving for over 15hours (I was close to the AL and fell asleep for about 3 min doing about 70mphthen an 18wheeler honked its horn to wake me up nothing bad happened but it was the shock of my life and I took the next exit and got a hotel
I still have the v8 t-bird but I don't drive it much since I bought the stang
Old 03-10-2007, 02:46 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

... uh, you wanted to look at a VAN???

What am I? In a time warp??? Isn't the 70's over???

Sorry bout the mishap. Stay in the current century and everything will turn out fine! BTW, there are tons of take off lower body panels, in case it got wrecked.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:47 AM
MK2_GT
1st Gear Member

Glad there was no damage...
Old 03-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240
Sorry bout the mishap. Stay in the current century and everything will turn out fine! BTW, there are tons of take off lower body panels, in case it got wrecked.
thats what I was thinking
Old 03-10-2007, 02:50 AM
555*
3rd Gear Member

A+ lol.Would read again.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:56 AM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

That diagram is hilarious!!! And trust me, everyone has made stupid mistakes. I backed into a car parked behind me in my own driveway once in my old Ranger. Talk about feeling like an idiot! hahaha
Old 03-10-2007, 03:03 AM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Maybe I should clarify that a bit.

I own a transportation company and am in need of another 15 passeneger van and saw one that looked like It might be worth getting.

However now that you mention it...green **** carpeting, a waterbed and mini fridge...yeah a van sounds nice![sm=icon_cheers.gif].
Old 03-10-2007, 03:11 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

I've done a similar thing so don't feel bad. In my case you know those long curbs that go with the end of a parking spot?(the extend maybe 2 feet past a car) Well I was doing a u-turn in a parking lot where it was pitch black and caught the edge of my sideskirt on the side of it. Luckly I was still in the clutch just making a nice slow turn where it scraped the underside of my underskirt maybe 4 or 5 inches. Not a lot of paint came off just scrap marks (nothing visibile unless you know where to look on the skirt)
Old 03-10-2007, 06:56 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Your exhaust must have taken a beating?

Quick Reply: I am officially an idiot