Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 05:58 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Superchargers

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

i gotta ask though why doesnt ford have them as an optional install? its not like saleen is bad, and yet they have stangs converted to saleens and in the dealers, what happens when the supercharger causes some damage to theirs. they cant void their warranty because the person bought it like that from the dealer, assuming that they were given a warranty with purchase
apples to oranges in all honesty. If you buy a roush stage 3 or 427 r,,,,you are buying said car that has been beefed up by an agreement between Ford and Roush..thus the drastic increase in price etc. Now if you have a roush installed by a roush dealer and do not change anything at all from what they put on then they will cover it....you change the tune, and or CAO or anything and something breaks and they claim its due to your mod then VOID. If you go to a Saleen dealer and buy a saleen 281SC and pay $55,000...then again, you get that vehicle customized and agreed upon between the Saleen Corp and Ford so the warranty is fine....but again, you mod or change it in anyway and again something breaks due to that mod or they claim it as such...then again....your fault...superchargers dont cause damage.....parts failing due to several factors due....superchargers in themselves are not reasons for damage...its the other factors that due. So bottom line is...if you can find a Ford dealer who would do this or sell this for your car and TCO with a written warranty...then go for it...I have the number 1 Roush dealer in the us here in FLa and They want $8000 for a roush installed with its ****ty tune...sure its a warranty item providing I leave everything as is or nothing breaks that they can pin on any mods I make..or I can go to a Saleen dealer in Clearwater and spend over 7500 installed.....same issues....personally....dont mod...if you are worried about warranty issues....unless yoru mods are interchangable...(IE A CAI) is easily removed and stock tune put back in....
Old 03-10-2007, 06:08 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Anyone know who is selling the Kenne Bell? I looked on google but didnt see anything other than two stores that require you to have THEM do the install. Kind of rediculous if you ask me....
Old 03-10-2007, 10:05 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

i gotta ask though why doesnt ford have them as an optional install? its not like saleen is bad, and yet they have stangs converted to saleens and in the dealers, what happens when the supercharger causes some damage to theirs. they cant void their warranty because the person bought it like that from the dealer, assuming that they were given a warranty with purchase
apples to oranges in all honesty. If you buy a roush stage 3 or 427 r,,,,you are buying said car that has been beefed up by an agreement between Ford and Roush..thus the drastic increase in price etc. Now if you have a roush installed by a roush dealer and do not change anything at all from what they put on then they will cover it....you change the tune, and or CAO or anything and something breaks and they claim its due to your mod then VOID. If you go to a Saleen dealer and buy a saleen 281SC and pay $55,000...then again, you get that vehicle customized and agreed upon between the Saleen Corp and Ford so the warranty is fine....but again, you mod or change it in anyway and again something breaks due to that mod or they claim it as such...then again....your fault...superchargers dont cause damage.....parts failing due to several factors due....superchargers in themselves are not reasons for damage...its the other factors that due. So bottom line is...if you can find a Ford dealer who would do this or sell this for your car and TCO with a written warranty...then go for it...I have the number 1 Roush dealer in the us here in FLa and They want $8000 for a roush installed with its ****ty tune...sure its a warranty item providing I leave everything as is or nothing breaks that they can pin on any mods I make..or I can go to a Saleen dealer in Clearwater and spend over 7500 installed.....same issues....personally....dont mod...if you are worried about warranty issues....unless yoru mods are interchangable...(IE A CAI) is easily removed and stock tune put back in....
well put, i might just wait till the 5 yrs are up and just swap a boss 302 engine with 500+hp into it checkout my site below, i put it in there lol
Old 03-10-2007, 10:16 PM
mystang04

[hr]if both the roush and saleen s/c's are installed by an authorized dealer then they will back your factory warranty.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:23 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

Anyone know who is selling the Kenne Bell? I looked on google but didnt see anything other than two stores that require you to have THEM do the install. Kind of rediculous if you ask me....
The only way to install the Kenne Bell yourself is to buy directly from KB. All dealers that handle the KB are required to do the install by KB.

Earl

Old 03-11-2007, 01:19 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mystang04

[hr]

if both the roush and saleen s/c's are installed by an authorized dealer then they will back your factory warranty.
providing you leave it as they installed it...change a tune or anything else and they can prove that caused it...spells doom and actually that statement in itself is NOT entirely true...if you go to Joes ford...he installs a saleen.....but you move and go to somewhere else....then go to sandys ford...and a item breaks and they say its due to the AFTERMARKET supercharge installed....technically, they do NOT have to honor it ...as the agreement for the aftermarket part is with Joes Ford and saleen....now most time roush and Saleen will back them up....but believe me Ford does not have to as the agreement is with your cars vin number as is stock...any mods that can be proven to cause your damage whether Ford installed them or not...can void that aspect of your warranty..bottom line is still....if you are worried about a warranty...leave the car alone....tech, ford can NOT just void a warranty...but they can deny any claim that has been proven to be the fault of an aftermarket part you put on...
Old 03-11-2007, 03:34 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

The only way to install the Kenne Bell yourself is to buy directly from KB. All dealers that handle the KB are required to do the install by KB.

Earl

well that sucks......................... guess i will have to go back to their site and check them out. anyone know who has the best tune for the KB?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:06 AM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

My canned KB tune ran lean (13.5 and climbing at 4500) when I put it on the dyno. I emailed back to KB and they said that it was not the tune and blamed it on the dyno O2 sensor. Anyhow I had it reset (and voiding KB's warranty) to 12.0. Now that I hadve a wide-band air/fuel meter installed, it seems to be running rich (10.5-11) at WOT. Maybe the KB tune was not that far off anyhow. The difference is that my dyno guy shoved the sensor up the tail whereas my gauge sensor is welded into the downpipe right past the manifold.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:41 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Yes, the KB tune is spot on, or at least they insist it is. The local Mustang shop here is a KB dealer and runs KB in his car says their canned tunes are perfect too. Don't even try to call Bell and tell him his tune is off, he'll just dismiss you.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Drivesthebeast
2nd Gear Member

It's a throw of the dice really...either you get the S/C or turbo and have a fast-azz car that may or may not break and not have a warranty, or you just don't bother at all, and keep your warranty.

I personally feel that the OEM warranty on North American cars are a joke anyways...I had this problem with my Focus...had 60,059km's on it, the A/C failed on it (cracked joint clip thingy's...man FoMoCo loves gd plastic clips...lol), and I took it in to get it fixed under warranty. They said I was over 60K, and that they wouldn't cover it. They actually contested 59 km's! Same thing after I hit 100,000km's...I started modding the car as I wanted, and they told me that I'd void any warranty left on the car. I just motioned brushing/rubbing my hands like I was cleaning them, then held my hands up in the air and said that that's what Ford said to me the second I clocked 100K...its all yours now buddy...have a nice day...They wash their hands of almost all responsability for the vehicle. From talking to friends that own GM or Daimler-Chrysler products, said the same thing happened to them too.

If you have a higher mileage car now, I'd say to just do it. The amount of fun you'll have will be worth it.

L8tz

Quick Reply: Superchargers