Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Rosarios Stang

Default Superchargers

Who offers the best value to get around 400hp and a little higher torque? Whats a good guestimate on labor to install it? Thanks for the help comparing S/C vs. Cervinis kit.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:22 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Superchargers

You can install 90% of these kits on your own with a few hand tools and an extra set of hands from time to time. I helped my brother do his while I was home on leave. He got the whipple and it was not that bad.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:27 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Iheard the saleen S/C is a great value as the kit will give the gains you are speaking of and I know one of the vendorsis still offering the kit at a group buy price.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:37 AM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

I believe the Saleen only comes in one basic version. That is, they are all intercooled. The Whipple, Kenne Bell, etc... come in multiple versions, with the non-intercooled being cheaper, but producing less power. Out of the box though, I think they are all producing similar power levels for the base package. The Saleen has the intercooler to produce their power, while the Whipple and Kenne Bell come with upgraded MAF, injectors, and fuel pump to help get their power. If you want to produce more thann their base power, then you're still looking at upgrades on any of the kit. On the Saleen, you'd be looking at smaller pulley, bigger injectors, more fuel, and larger MAF. On the others, you'd be looking at going intercooled, or methanol/water injection.

Personally, I think the Saleen is the best option, because out of the box you're producing good power safely because of the low boost (3.5 - 4 psi), and upgrading is a lot cheaper because the kit is already intercooled. So, if you want to be making about +450, you'd be looking at $1,000 bucks or less. Where with the Whipple of Kenne Bell, you'd be looking at a lot more.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:07 PM
2006GTSC
3rd Gear Member

http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=213

'Nuff said.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:25 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ok does it work for v6? lol i dunno but that sounds sweet, and does it void the warranty/ does it have to be removed when i go in for service or something?
Old 03-10-2007, 03:40 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

ok does it work for v6? lol i dunno but that sounds sweet, and does it void the warranty/ does it have to be removed when i go in for service or something?
I think the Saleen is just for the GT. There are several places out there who sell supercharger and turbocharger systems for the V6. They'll all void your warranty. Removing to go in for service would be a MAJOR undertaking.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:42 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

I do not think the Saleen series VI works on a V6....it would void the warranty on anything that can be proven to have happened due to the mods...its like any other mod....they have to prove that your mod caused the part to fail. Which in actuallity you have to prove that it did not fail due to your mod. some dealers dont care and will fix. When it goes in for service, I dont think you will want to be taking off a supercharger and putting it back on. so in turn, my suggestion is if you are that worried about the above, then you may not want to mod...
Old 03-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

Who is offerring this currently?

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Iheard the saleen S/C is a great value as the kit will give the gains you are speaking of and I know one of the vendorsis still offering the kit at a group buy price. The last price I saw was about 4200 dollars and I think that was for the H.O. (intercooled) version including shipping!
Old 03-10-2007, 05:22 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

i gotta ask though why doesnt ford have them as an optional install? its not like saleen is bad, and yet they have stangs converted to saleens and in the dealers, what happens when the supercharger causes some damage to theirs. they cant void their warranty because the person bought it like that from the dealer, assuming that they were given a warranty with purchase

Quick Reply: Superchargers