Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shutting off seat belt alert

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:40 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: shutting off seat belt alert

First thing I do is put mine on when I get in the car even when its just to go a few feet. Its become a habit now. But to each their own.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:30 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

Fill out your organ donor card and then read the owners manual.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:39 PM
red03mach
1st Gear Member

Durr.. toall of you jumping to conclusions.
I wear my seatbelt ALL the time, but I agree with this guy I don't need that little ding ding thing in my ear.
I knew a guy with a computer to plug in like the dealer has and all you do is dial upthe seatbelt alert then youcan stop thenoise.
You can ask the dealer, but I doubt that they'll do it for you.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:37 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Just to play the other side of the story... My buddy's friend died when his car caught fire while he was driving and he couldnt take his seatbelt off... He unfortunately died in the fire....
Old 03-12-2007, 12:57 AM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

i also had a friend who lived cuz he got thrown out of the car. his engine ended up in the cab of his truck so if he was wearing his seatbelt he would of been killed instantly. i wear mine at speeds over 40
Old 03-12-2007, 01:05 AM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

It really is in the manual, go through the steps then still use it. I don't like being told to put it on, I always wear it just sometimes I get to the end of the driveway before putting it on.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:15 AM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

I have the same (sort of) problem with the chime. My wife finally got me to start wearing mine all the time and now she's decided she doesn't have to wear hers and wants my chime shut off. I've just started turning the radio up and telling her it's so I don't have to hear the chime and she puts it on (I have an insurance policy on her. ) I never would have thought to look in the manual as that's something they don't usually tell you.

Every major accident I've been in, I wasn't wearing a seat belt. The first was a head on with my Torino Elite (50mph) and a Ford LTD, so it was a tank battle. Scratched my legs on the underside of the dash and that's all. So I figure it's the luck of the draw. Like I said though, I have started wearing mine although it gets on my nerves with the windows down.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:16 AM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

guess some of you guys havent seen the safety film called "room to live". theres room in there to live no matter if you are going 10, 20 or over 40 mph. get broadsided at 20mph with no belt and see what happens. try to look close as your going under the other guys frame, tires, driveshaft, rearend, and hot exhaust and then go rolling up to the curb face down. hopefully its a red zone so there wont be any parked cars there for you to hit. ah yes,,ding, ding, ding, ding
Old 03-12-2007, 02:59 AM
AlloyGT07

If nothing else, I wear mine to keep me away from the airbag. Those things can really do a number on you if you're unbelted.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 AM
whitecheyenne

thanx for the help from some of you and the others it was a question i didnt ask for a safety lechture about a seatbelt and also why wouldyou care if i died anywaysyou wouldhave no idea that it even happend so get over it i never said i dont wear it we just dont want the damn thing beeping at us anymore

Quick Reply: shutting off seat belt alert