Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shutting off seat belt alert

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: shutting off seat belt alert

Off topic somewhat, but I have started wearing my seatbelt all the time since I got the Mustang. I never did before, I just feel safer I guess. Or scared of its power, lol.
Even the 6 blocks from home to work, 20mph side streets, few stop signs, I don't even leave my subdivision.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:08 AM
buddha211
2nd Gear Member

I'm fairly libertarian and like seat belt laws about as much as Sunday liquor laws and restaurant smoking bans....

Yes seatbelts make us all safer. (Not like it matters since the idiot on the cell phone in the Excursion is going to make a pancake of all of us anyway, seatbelt or not)

But hell while we're busy making the world safe why don't we just limit all cars to 55mph. We can all drive 1.0 liter 4 bangers with electric assist and save the environment while we're at it.....oh wait, this is a (reasonably) free country.

Sorry we all derailed your thread whitecheyenne.

But yeah, owners manual.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

Speaking of chime removal, does anyone know how to remove the gas low chime and the ebrake on chime?
Old 03-12-2007, 04:19 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Racefiend

Speaking of chime removal, does anyone know how to remove the gas low chime and the ebrake on chime?
I think if you dont hit reset after the 1st low fuel chime it doesnt do it again for that drive cycle.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:25 AM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

ORIGINAL: Racefiend

I think if you dont hit reset after the 1st low fuel chime it doesnt do it again for that drive cycle.

You are correct about that. However, my problem lies with agressive backroads driving. You start with a 1/4 tank, hit a few turns, ding ding ding low fuel, hit a straight, back to 1/4, hit a few turns, repeat process. Gets extremely annoying.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:32 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Yes, I know what you mean, and it is annoying thats for sure. Had it do that for me on a road track
Old 03-12-2007, 04:59 AM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

Turn that thing off is as complicated as disarming a nuke (it's likeyou have to grab your right foot with your left hand while reciting Shakespear and breakdancing all at the same time). If you really want it gone youll need James Bond to come and figure that thingout...[sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old 03-12-2007, 12:00 PM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

click itin,,,,,,,,,,,,no chimin
Old 03-12-2007, 01:18 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

The seat belt chime disabling" is in the owner's manual, but be careful. You have to be moving while you do the un-buckling process (8-9 times). The owner's manaul says "at a moderate speed". It also has to be done once for each seat.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:02 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

funny i come across this post this beautiful, hot sunny los angeles morning. i dont usually take it to work but it was such a nice day. i was getting on my favorite onramp when a california highway patrol pulled me over and one of the citations was failure to wear seatbelt. going through the manual is a pain in the a**. just roll your windows down and your exhaust should do the job until cycle runs through. i guess i am going to start wearing mine now. between the ticket and the five lectures in the past hour coupled with this whole safety thing, i guess its the right thing to do.

Quick Reply: shutting off seat belt alert