Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

convince me

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 01:12 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: convince me

Get a stick GT and a tune.Then, instead of saying "convince me", you'll be saying "glad I did."

I see more s197's on the road than sn95's, that's for sure. I think the colors I mostly see are black and gray. On the other hand, when I dropped-off my car for the S/C install, there were four Stangs already there; three were Torch Red and one Red Fire! Ha-ha. Go figure. So, I'm thinking about a couple of items for show just to make it look a little different.

As far as adding +80hp goes, it wont be cheap. But, with the CAI and tune, you'll be relearning how to drive it anyway so while you're getting used to the new feel of the car you can save a little money for more mods.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:34 AM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

ya sorry about that i meant the 1/4, and i want black rims on my black GT with black side and back louvers or is that too much, i am talking about the manual version, but do you guys think when the new camaro comes out will ford come out with a more powerful powerplant, or should i just make the present one faster to compete with the new camaro?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GNATSUM

ya sorry about that i meant the 1/4, and i want black rims on my black GT with black side and back louvers or is that too much, i am talking about the manual version, but do you guys think when the new camaro comes out will ford come out with a more powerful powerplant, or should i just make the present one faster to compete with the new camaro?
Black on black looks good... but I think black on another color looks even sharper... duh, I'm biased...

The current belief is that Ford will do a mild remodel in 09 I think followed by a big remodel in 11... or I might be off by a year. But they do plan a new engine; a 5.0 3v I think called the Typhoon. They are also offering special version pretty much every year, including another take on the Bullit soon, (it should look sweet!).

Ford won't let the Camero come without trying to steal some thunder. But remember that the majority of Stangs sold are V6. Chevy is reportadly having trouble getting the cost down on the V6 Camero. The V8 Camero will most likely have better raw numbers than the GT... but that has pretty much always been the case eh...
Old 03-14-2007, 02:42 AM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

another builit nice that will be sweet but if they do make a new GT faster than the camaro then that would really **** off GM but then again it will probably be as much as the new camaro which i believe will not be cheap
but i have an old friend that has the new GT and says that even though it isn't the fastest it is just fine for a DD
Old 03-14-2007, 02:50 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

It is quite nice for a DD... actually, more than nice for a DD... and with only a CAI and tune, it is even BETTER DD... it is very comfortable on long trips, (for a 2door rwd musclecar) it is stylish, and the sound system is excellent... for stock, (I replaced my headunit with the AVIC-Z1 and it is even better).
Old 03-14-2007, 05:08 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+
ORIGINAL: Herknav

It is quite nice for a DD... actually, more than nice for a DD... and with only a CAI and tune, it is even BETTER DD... it is very comfortable on long trips, (for a 2door rwd musclecar) it is stylish, and the sound system is excellent... for stock, (I replaced my headunit with the AVIC-Z1 and it is even better).
Old 03-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

You want a fast car, buy one fast from the dealer. Get a Saleen, Roush, or a Shelby. Then your not voiding the warrenty the first month of ownership. Sure I read were the guys have to put the stock tune back in before going to a dealer but why bother. If your willing to shell out the extra bucks for power upgrades already,just buy one already done.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Because a Saleen, Roush or Shelby are quite a bit more than 1000 over a GT price......
Old 03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

ya well i wanted a GT because it was a lot cheaper and was still fast, at first i wanted a GTO but the design got old and they said there are problemms with it and it costs almost 10k more, so i thought about a used GTO but they weigh too much and are just a few miliseconds faster than the GT which i do not think is worth 10k more, also the Shelby GT costs like 8k to 9k more for just two miliseconds that you can do with probably about 1 to 2 grand, and Saleen looks sick but the price is crazy, oh and they also put a lot of markup on the speacil editions
Old 03-14-2007, 11:00 PM
delstang
1st Gear Member

Get a GT. With about $1,100 - $1,300 you can get a cold air intake, custom tune, and gear change which will make a world of difference. There are many othe mods you can tackle after that including under drive pulleys, headers, full exhaust system, delete plates, etc. Still a bargain at this price. With only the CAI, tune, and gears, you are going to be pretty competitive on the street against anything without embarrsing yourself.

Quick Reply: convince me