Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Switch Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:01 PM
bluepony06

Default Nitrous Switch Pictures

I am about to install the Zex Nitrous System in my 2006 Mustang and was wondering if anyone has pictures of where their switches are located in the dash or cup holder or whatever set up you have. I will need the following switches: Activation, Bottle Heater, Purge, and Bottle Opener. So basically there will be 4 switches in my set up.

Just looking for some ideas at this point that are easy to access at anytime while I am driving. I have a couple but looking for more.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:19 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous Switch Pictures

I'm on vacation, but I have a cupholder switch.

It has activation switch, purge, and bottle warmer. The cupholder module I have was meant for the older model stangs and only takes up one space. It fits perfect in the front holder and doesn't mess with you while shifting. The only downside is I don't want to drill a hole and mainly don't want the unit to be visible to people riding in the car or looking in the window. I'm in the process of hiding mine before I hook it up but am not sure where to put the switches...

I'll take some pictures of what mine looks like, but i'm in California now and my car is on the opposite end of the country at the moment.

-Jeff
Old 03-15-2007, 12:01 AM
bluepony06

Did you buy that at like "americanmuscle?" I saw that one. It takes up the front cup holder. My problem is I have 4 different switches do to the bottle warmer, purge, bottle opener, and activation. I liked that set up as well and don't really mind if people see it. Unfortunately there arejust not enough switches.

Are you running 100 shot?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:05 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

I didn't feel like buying one so I made one. I used the removable panel in the center compartment.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:02 PM
airbillster
1st Gear Member

Because ZEX activates automatically at WOT and I can't afford a window switch right now $175[:@]
What do you think of this...
This way I can just push the button in second or third to activate the shot.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:37 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

Here's a pic of mine. You can see in the cup holder, the arm, bottle warmer, then purge switches. To the right of my shifter is my bottle opener. hope it helps. crappy pic though.
I have a nitrous gauge in my tripple pod, so i don't mind showing my switches since they can see the gauge.
i saw in one mag were they hid them in the cnenter console, when you open the lid, the switches are right there next to the lip of the opening, looked sweet and it's hidden.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52595/CCE6791C58DF4B3EBE268B8617723DAE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Only one i've seens for sale is the cupholder one.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:19 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

I found a really nice one, the switches are right out in front, but you can't really use the cupholders anymore.I believe the name isspeed ofsound. My whole system is going to be hidden. I have the shaker and I'm going to put all the solenoids under that and hide the bottle behind my sub box in thetrunk. I just have to find a place to put switches. I still need the TPAS andthe expensive *** spart plugs and a tune, then I'll be good to go. I'm gonna get the livewire and play along with that. lol
Old 03-15-2007, 07:54 PM
bluepony06

Thanks for some of the ideas. 2oo5stang I like that set up. I may just try and place the bottle opener underneath the brake. I am afraid that my passenger will be able to flick the switch without even knowing it. I was orignally going to place it in the center console with a homemade set up but I am only 5'5" so I have to have my seat a little farther forward then most of you guys probably. I don't have the easiest access to the center console when I want it.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:28 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Speed of sound makes an awesome switch plate and even have it so you can mount a gauge in the front cup holder

Quick Reply: Nitrous Switch Pictures