Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership etiquette...

Old 03-15-2007, 09:19 AM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

Default Dealership etiquette...

You guys think it's poor etiquette to ask the dealer not toput his sticky advertisement logo on my car? or is it common for those guys to get askthat question on ordered vehicles?
I'm expecting my Mustang anytime now and I'd really prefer not to have the ugly white thing on there.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:23 AM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dealership etiquette...

Not at all, I insisted that the dealer not put any of their tags or logos on my GT and not drill the front bumper for a license plate holder. It is your money and your car, they won't mind. Good luck!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:24 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I always have the dealer take off their own decal....then if there are scratches, they have to fix them....not poor etiquette at all....plus you aren't being paid to be their driving billboard (no matter how small their decal is)
Old 03-15-2007, 09:36 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

its going to be YOUR car.... they will do what you ask, trust me. i insisted that they dont even attempt to place a sticker, plate, or decal on my car that referenced anything in regards to their store. just make sure you let them know.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I'm my case I told them what color and where to place it on the car. I didn't mind the "ad" per say and long as they treated me good.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:49 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Whenever I order a car, I ask them not to put it on. Usually you have to remind them. If they do put it on, fortunately these days it is always easy to take off (dental floss if it is a plastic or metal stick on, simple peel off it is a tape sticker).

I do not usually ask the dealer to take it off if they already put it on. They would gladly do it, but I don't trust the "get ready" guys to do anything. I take it off myself.

Omitting their advertising is a common request, and they don;t care one way or the other.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:53 AM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys, now I wont feel out of place asking.
But what about the front lisence plate bracket that oakman mentioned, In VA we're forced to have a front plate, so I'll have to have the bracket installed want I?? or do you guys have a better/different way to mount the front plate?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

I actually won't give my buisness to dealerships that have their logo on anything other than maybe the liscence plate frame. I think it is tacky, and like someone else said they aren't paying me to advertise for them.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:25 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

I tell them when I'm buying the car it will cost them to advertise on my car. I've had a few salesmen laugh at me when I mention it. Then I tell them to remove the dealer sticker if they want my money. I say remove it or ask them to shell out some money. Most now use vinyl lettering and it isn't that hard to remove. Either way it's not poor etiquette to negotiate whether or not it's on the car or you tell them to remove it. Again, been there done that.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Just say NO.[/align][/align]No permanent or semi permanent dealer stickers were a prerequisite for me to accept my special order Pony. The dealer didn't seam to have a problem with it.[/align]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealership etiquette...