Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Darn snow..... totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:27 PM
finch00
2nd Gear Member

Default Darn snow..... totaled?

so i slide down a hill sideways (as compared to the perfred hood first methood of driving) in the snow. Hit a curb (hard) right front wheel is just barly hangin on, the screw that comes out of the top of the strut collum is leaning inward significcatly. the rocker panel is disconnected, the front bumber and fender are bent. Right rear rim is bent.

anyone wish to speculate on if its totaled or not ? its a 2006 v6 pony package.

More so anyone know what % of damnage is normally totaled... KBB value is around 17k

THANKS!

(p.s. if its totaled i'm buying a GT)
Old 03-17-2007, 05:35 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Darn snow..... totaled?

Sorry to hear it but you will love the GT!!
Old 03-17-2007, 05:53 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Well, let mejust say this, my car just got ***-ended by some dumb MF,$7,085 worth of damages, including both freakin frame rails, NOT TOTALLED!!! Which is a crock of s**t!! My insurance company requires, at least, 50% of damage before they will total but there are some freakin insurance companies out therethat require upto 80% or more. Its all a big con!! Dont get me started!! lol

Good luck, whatever happens
Old 03-17-2007, 06:08 PM
SlinkyBMX
2nd Gear Member

I'm not a professional, but I am pretty sure that your car won't be totaled.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:12 PM
finch00
2nd Gear Member

Thanks dudes! i'll update when i know more
Old 03-17-2007, 06:13 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

It's usually 80%. Why would they total at 50%? Pay you $17K when they could pay a body shop $8500? That's throwing away money, and insurance companies don't like to do that (and "customer service" is not in their vocabs).

No way to tell on the internet whether your car is totalled or not...but if not, given what sounds like massive suspension and unibody/undercarriage damage, it might be time for a trade in after you get it back from the body shop....

It may take some time to be fixed; judging by the amount of carnage that I saw drving from Washington to NY last night (dont ask), body shops (and insurance adjusters) at least on the eastern seaboard will be quite busy for a while.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:13 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

hey man lets see pictures, one more thing, dont drive the stang in the winter if u can and especially not up or down hills when its snowing or snow covered, very stupid! mine doesnt move when the roads are covered because every block leadin out from mine has a hill so i rather not mess up my car, how bad is it? i bent my two driver side rims, i think from a pothole lol
Old 03-17-2007, 06:20 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

It's usually 80%. Why would they total at 50%? Pay you $17K when they could pay a body shop $8500? That's throwing away money, and insurance companies don't like to do that (and "customer service" is not in their vocabs).

No way to tell on the internet whether your car is totalled or not...but if not, given what sounds like massive suspension and unibody/undercarriage damage, it might be time for a trade in after you get it back from the body shop....

It may take some time to be fixed; judging by the amount of carnage that I saw drving from Washington to NY last night (dont ask), body shops (and insurance adjusters) at least on the eastern seaboard will be quite busy for a while.
yea if that happened, it just might be of a benefit to him, he can get it fixed and trade it,

but just hope u have a good insurance company and enough damage to declare it totaled, you wouldnt want something right in the middl, like it happen to the stang that was reended and still had alot of damage done to it
Old 03-17-2007, 06:30 PM
07rymasmGT

that sucks, i just got my stang back yesterday from the shop. i don't think they'll total yours by your descriptions
Old 03-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Ry05Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

hey man lets see pictures, one more thing, dont drive the stang in the winter if u can and especially not up or down hills when its snowing or snow covered, very stupid! mine doesnt move when the roads are covered because every block leadin out from mine has a hill so i rather not mess up my car, how bad is it? i bent my two driver side rims, i think from a pothole lol
sometimes it's unavoidable.. yesturday I went to work at 7 in the morning and it wasn't even snowing yet, I got back around 4 pm and we had 5 inches on the ground.. the roads were HORRIBLE and i went about 10 mph the whole way home

Quick Reply: Darn snow..... totaled?