Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 1000.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker 1000.

ORIGINAL: Menace

So the possibility of it getting slightly wet has nothing to do with the problems I'm having? Plus, even if the subs got a little wet, that wouldn't affect my entire sound would it? Like I said, I have to crank it to 40% or more in order to hear it at a decent level.
No, it shouldn't however I can't say for sure cause I don't know exactly how they wire it...I had the Shaker 500, and behind the door on the door subs were 2 little amps to power those... Unless they run all the speakers off of 1 amp, or 2 amps located in with the sub on the 1000 version, it shouldn't make a difference... What I suspect and what would be that the Front 5x7's and the rear 6x8's are run from power from the deck, and the subs (both the door ones and the box in the trunk) are run line level signals to their respective amps, which power the subs...

If the deck itself is doing wierd things I would first suspect that, or some kind of electronical gremlin within the unit or powering the unit..i would doubt that the little amount of water would be able to seep in to the box and into the amp for the subs....I think that something is wrong with the deck and that is why the subs are not working.... and the other wierd things that are happening on the deck....
Old 03-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I really don't want to deal with the dealership, and their "Oh, just leave it for a couple days and we'll check it out. This is something we need to have one of their techs look at and tear stuff apart kinda deals." Those guys are pieces of crap. Took them 6 hours to change my oil and look at one of my speakers on my driver-side door. The speaker was rattling so I thought, but it was actually the panel that was rattling and they said they ordered me a new speaker. Then when I got the new speaker put in they forgot to put the cap behind the handle to open the door, found it on the floor.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i hear ya, in all honesty, ya really might wanna check out some aftermarket units.... I know ya paid for the Shaker 1000, but you really can do a whole lot better....I guess it depends on how much you like music and how much money ya wanna spend...etc... i had the Shaker 500, and while I have to say I was somewhat impressed by it for a stock OEM stereo, it only lasted about 4 days in the car...

But I take my audio pretty seriously, I'm in a band been playing guitar for 20+ years and am also an audio engineer...I'm by no means snobbish about tunes and sound quality, I just have developed a good ear over the years being so involved with music...

Plus, I really didn't think that the shaker head unit was all that appealing looking... To me it looks cheap & cheaply made...
Old 03-17-2007, 11:16 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Each shaker sub in the rear has its own amp....not that it matters.

Find a different dealer!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I had no problems with the Shaker, except it would often skip CDs. So you can't exactly go playing music with the windows down... Pull up to a light.. Music is going... stops... and then picks up again. Not exactly the impression you want to give people when they see your $30k car. Anyway, I hope I can let it just dry and it'll work fine. If not I'll have to drag it to the dealer and get it fixed.

It's weird because I can play it for about 3 minutes, and it will be fine. (When the sound is turned up enough you can't hear the noises coming from the shaker speakers.) and then the volume decreases by about 70%. So I don't know what it could be. I think one of the subs is defective or somethig, as it makes noises all the time now.

Plus, and I think I forgot to mention this. I turn off the radio all together, and the shaker continues to make that noise?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Hmm, sounds like maybe one of the amps is shot....and that;s why it's going in and out... or possibly a bad cable or bad speaker wire... could be a bad ground as well....

I'll tell ya though, personally I wouldn't leave it....even if it means that ya have to leave it at the dealer for a day or two... ya did pay for the car didn't ya... things should be right....not to mention that ya paid over a grand extra for the 1000... If it got wet once that easily.....chances are that it will happen again...

Is it just one sub that's doing it or both?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Ohh one other thing...there is a setting on the unit that decreases and increases the volume based on how fast you are going to make up for road noise, I think there are like 6 levels of this.... are ya sure that isn't on?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

The speed volume is set at 7, which is the maximum. I thought that originally, but I was going 50mph and the sound was barely playing. I put my head up to the subs and I think it's the front one, but it could very well be both.

The vehicle is my only form of transportation. Unless they plan on giving me a car while they fix mine, I'm not going to be able or willing to drop my car off there for a few days.

I think the Shaker option was around $1300 total. I regret it all the time not ordering one. I saw it in the lot and I feel for it, it came fully loaded minus the red interior. Had the upgraded Brushed Aluminum wheels (Another thing I don't like.) but other then the stock wheel there wasn't anything offered at the time. We'll see.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:43 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

$1295 from the factory....and way over priced IMO. For $650 I have a JL Audio12 subwith JL amp. Much more power than the shaker.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Going 50 and had your head next to the sub??? you must be really tall!!! (ROFL)

Anyway.... try turning that feature off.... see if it still does the same thing... also, I'm betting that the midrange and high end (the sound that comes from the top door and rear speakers) are run off of power directly from the Head Unit... so my next question is, is it just the low end that is cutting out or the entire audio spectrum???

Quick Reply: Shaker 1000.