Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Visited The Install & Some Info On Saleen S/C

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default Visited The Install & Some Info On Saleen S/C

M'kay, i just got back from the speed shop that's doing all the mods on my '07 GT.
They have the exhaust in (Dynatech LT Headers/X Pipe & The American Thunders) They fired it up for me, and damm she's loud, Sounds like she means business now... Although it did seem a tad excessive, it was in the garage still on the lift, so the garage was definately amplifing the overall dB of it. Also for those who want to know, the Headers are a super fit and super clean install. Looks fantastic.

They also put in the suspension stuff, aside form the Eibach Lowering kit, and I think we are going to hold off on that for now cause Eibach is coming out with a new set of springs made for the Shelby w/ the blower, which we are going to wait for (should be out in June/July) that way the front springs are made to accomodate the added weight of the S/C and should help it sit/handle better... I really wanted to lower it now, but I think in the long run it's better to wait on this one...Still waiting on the Frame Connectors, will be in later this week .

As far as the Saleen S/C + upgrade kit, I talked with Saleen and talked with my 'speed guy', and here is the deal: The Saleen Flash is programed for 91 Octane, and doesn't provide accomodations for CAI or Header/Exhaust systems, it is based on 91, running stock... So it is better off to have it dyno tuned, no question there... Saleen said that the other mods could/would cause it to run lean.

so there ya have it....so far......
Old 03-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Visited The Install & Some Info On Saleen S/C

Sounds awesome, definately will need some pics when its done! Are you getting a Jdm saleen tune or just going to have your speed guy mess with it?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hufenstang

Sounds awesome, definately will need some pics when its done! Are you getting a Jdm saleen tune or just going to have your speed guy mess with it?
No I'm gunna have my speed guy do it, he's pretty well known around here for being a top notch guy/perfectioist. I asked him about the JDM tunes, and, well, I won't say anymore.... He actually said that he just got a brand new software program, that he is going to use on it...He might have the ecu sent out to Saleen and have them flash it, for comparison to what he can do with it....

On a side note, he was showing me this roach of a looking Honda CRX... This thing looked like a car that came straight from the projects, like a car that ya'd buy for like $300.00 .... He was telling me that he just got thru building it, and got it off the dyno last night at 520+ RWHP... Good Lord...

It was still building more power, but had the RPM's limited to 2500 below red line... WTF!?
Old 03-20-2007, 03:27 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perdi

No I'm gunna have my speed guy do it, he's pretty well known around here for being a top notch guy/perfectioist. I asked him about the JDM tunes, and, well, I won't say anymore.... He actually said that he just got a brand new software program, that he is going to use on it...He might have the ecu sent out to Saleen and have them flash it, for comparison to what he can do with it....

On a side note, he was showing me this roach of a looking Honda CRX... This thing looked like a car that came straight from the projects, like a car that ya'd buy for like $300.00 .... He was telling me that he just got thru building it, and got it off the dyno last night at 520+ RWHP... Good Lord...

It was still building more power, but had the RPM's limited to 2500 below red line... WTF!?
Hmmm...
Old 03-20-2007, 03:34 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

Hmmm...
i wouldn't worry...(if you are) lets face it....tuners always will trash other tuners..thats what they do (if that is the case here,,,which I am assuming it is since it was left as i wont say anymore etc) but seriously JDM has got a great rep...and even from othe tuners on here gets a strong nod when it comes to their saleen tunes...there is always a better mousetrap out there...all I care is that my mousetrap works and works well...
Old 03-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

haha thats one crazy honda . Jdm is pushing some pretty impressive numbers with those stock pulleys, im just curious to what your speed guy can put down "safely". make sure to post those dyno charts!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

They coverted the honda to RW drive????

my .02.....
tuners dont always trash each other... if fact I'd be suspect myself of a guy who did trash another....IMO.... when I asked my guy bout another shop... he was respectful in his comments... that impressed me....
Old 03-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Woah, nelly.... Lemme just clarify this before I get anyone up in arms about this....and offer my apology for not proof reading what I posted, cause I can now see how that could be mis-constrewed...

You have to understand i am a noob so I have alot of new information floating in my limited capacity noggin right now....

I was talking to him about the Saleen Tune Vs. the JDM Tune... based on what I've read on these boards... Basically his take was the fact that either way they are both 'canned' (unless you are actually at JDM)...he didn't say that the JDM tuners and JDM tunes were bad, but he did say this... to get a canned tune form JDM would not be nearly as good as having it done on a "per-car" basis.... He said think of it this way... I can tune a car and get the most available HP out of it, but if someone wanted to use my tune on their car in say Alabama, I would tweak the tune down a bit...the last thing I want is to blow up someones engine and have my name attached to it cause I gave them a tune that wasn't specifically made for their car and demographic. he said that those tunes will work just fine but they are made 'safe' by design...

He's is the kinda guy that even though he's been doing this his whole life, would never discount someone elses work...

Once again, I apologise, the original post was very mis-leading....
Old 03-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

your speed guyis right though, jdm does play it safe. They havent had any engine problems yet with their tunes, and since they are playing it safe but yet pushing out those crazy numbers... they are swamped with customers, hehe
Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Woah, nelly.... Lemme just clarify this before I get anyone up in arms about this....and offer my apology for not proof reading what I posted, cause I can now see how that could be mis-constrewed...

You have to understand i am a noob so I have alot of new information floating in my limited capacity noggin right now....

I was talking to him about the Saleen Tune Vs. the JDM Tune... based on what I've read on these boards... Basically his take was the fact that either way they are both 'canned' (unless you are actually at JDM)...he didn't say that the JDM tuners and JDM tunes were bad, but he did say this... to get a canned tune form JDM would not be nearly as good as having it done on a "per-car" basis.... He said think of it this way... I can tune a car and get the most available HP out of it, but if someone wanted to use my tune on their car in say Alabama, I would tweak the tune down a bit...the last thing I want is to blow up someones engine and have my name attached to it cause I gave them a tune that wasn't specifically made for their car and demographic. he said that those tunes will work just fine but they are made 'safe' by design...

He's is the kinda guy that even though he's been doing this his whole life, would never discount someone elses work...

Once again, I apologise, the original post was very mis-leading....
cool thx for clearing that up....good luck on your car

Quick Reply: Visited The Install & Some Info On Saleen S/C