Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on buying a new mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:02 PM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need help on buying a new mustang

ORIGINAL: Perdi

I'd say if ya like being looked at, and getting the "thumbs up" on the highway, and around town...and having strangers talking to you about the car almost everytime you go somewhere, then get the stang....People really appreciate and dig this car.... If ya like modding and emptying your bank account, get the mustang... If you are an American get the mustang... If not then get the other ride...and loose your pride...

Also, if ya go with the stang, get a manual, don't spend the extra loot on the shaker 1000, get the IUP...
Great comments, my thoughts exactly.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

i love mine, i bought it in january of 2005, it has 48k miles and i havent had ONE problem with it. i just take it in for services ect. i started modding it with about 10k miles on it.. and now its modded to hell heh.

edit: i havent had any trouble with my battery, any leaking, or thunking in the front like some are having
Old 03-21-2007, 03:15 PM
40thgtfl
3rd Gear Member

no problems here. the car is smooth as stilk on the hwy, but will tear *** with the best of them.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:35 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

You will love the new Mustang. The GT with 5 spd is the way to go, get the interior upgarde package, I gotthe shaker 500?? its not bad with some aftermarket speakers. A number of pepole have had major issues with the shakers, I had 1 glitch with it and the dealer replaced the unit under warranty. At approx 30 K I had a FLI error msg dealer replaced fuel sender unit. I am now at 36K and love the car. Now that the basic warranty is expiring I am installing a CAI and tune alone with LCA's real soon. There are a number of items out there but it is a relatively affordable muscle car, and yes they will have mechanical issues occasionally. I have been lucky, and my local Ford dealer sponsors our Mustang club service is always fast and pleasant.

And it is definitely a LOOKER
Old 03-21-2007, 03:42 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

I'm insanely jealous of those who have had very good experiences with their dealers and their Mustangs!!!! Setting aside the American pride and nostalgia and history and muscle car this and that, I entreat you to also read the TSBs by clicking the link at the very top of the homepage of the forum. It will give you a realistic picture of what you MAY or MAY NOT have to deal with, other than all the good stuff we've all mentioned. Besides, I'm not sure what you'd get for this price unless you went with a used ???? or a 350Z, which is too much like a gokart for my tastes and sounds like its got fart-can mufflers.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:46 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

My car has been great so far. No repairs except normal maintance. I would drive both and see what you think. I haven't heard much on the evo in terms of reliabilty so I can't compair the two thier. Also look at the WRX (STI) if you like the evo. I have heard in that catagory it is a much better car. So far I love my Stang though and haven't regretted it for one day.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I have this car since Jan. 2005, I have never had a check engine light, or leak, or anything worthy of a thread (knock on wood). Like previously stated the car draws attention where ever you go. My favorite one was in a 7-11 parking lot me and a guy with a brand new vette pulled in at the same time ...he came over to me and said "Wow that's an awesome looking car you have there". With about two thousand in mods you'll have a high 12 second car, that looks good even when you lose a race. You'll love if you get it.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:43 PM
mrluckycharm00
1st Gear Member

In all fairness to the Mustang and to Ford, I think you have to keep in mind the fact that most of the TSB's are from 2005 which was the first year theS197 was produced. I'm pretty sure that the same thing happens to all makes of cars especially when a new model comes out with new drivetrains/systems in it. If you look at 2006, you will only notice two TSB's. Hopefully that number drops to zero for 2007, since that's the type of car that I ordered.

Brandenzzz, before you buy the Mustang, go to Ford's website andrequest a brochure for the Mustang. I did that and when it got here, there was a $500 rebate code in it with my name on it. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Good Luck!

Old 03-21-2007, 06:19 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Good point about most of the TSBs being first model year issues. Unfortunately some of the TSBs were not true permanent fixes [axle groan/moan] and it's not the end of the first quarter yet so there are none for this year [at least that's my understanding]. If you're looking for fast in a straight line and a good highway cruiser, go with the Stang. If you're doing autocross and twisty races and the like, I'dgo with the Evo/STi [unless you're up for getting aSteeda/Roush/Saleenversion with all the proper suspension for thosekinds of races]. Just my relatively ignorant opinion on the matter.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I have 05 2 Mustang GT's and neither one has had any problems. There was a time when the check engine light came on in one of them, the dealer cleared the code and it hasn't come back on yet. Of course I have about 2 grand in mods on one and about 4 grand in mods on the other with anoth 1500 in mods coming. Not all cars are the same. Some will have some problems and some won't.

If you would rather have the foreign car maker take all their money they make from you and not spend a dime in this country, go ahead and buy a foreign car and put another hard working American out of work. They have already taken over $760 BILLION overseas already. If you want performance andgood looksthere is only one way to go, buy a Mustang and keep our hard working American force at work where they belong. Nobody even comes close to this car.

Quick Reply: Need help on buying a new mustang