Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why can't ford racing make an exhaust that fits????

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:43 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default Why can't ford racing make an exhaust that fits????

I sold my stingers (to loud) and bought the GTA's. I'm not sure why I was expecting a better fit at the pipe, but I sure didn't get it. The stock mufflers fit snug and you don't have to tighten them much to get a good seal, but these frpp mufflers are crap in comparison.

Maybe it's just me, but the pipe they use seems way bigger than necessary. Are they just over expanding the 2.5 inch pipe?

How well do JBA's, Corsa, etc. fit?

Old 03-21-2007, 10:51 PM
ScreaminYella06
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Why can't ford racing make an exhaust that fits????

How do you like your GTA's. I put some on my car a couple of weeks ago and love them. I cheated a little and had a muffler shop install them. I wanted to make sure there were no exhaust leaks. Plus I'm getting a little too old to chimmy under the car to get er done!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:52 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

AH........So I am not the only one, with my auto 06 It was very hard to get a seal and to also get them even at both tips, had to bend hangers and retighten several times and left rear pipe kept hitting the stupid crossmember over the axle!
Thats why my 07 is still stock!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

I put GTAs on mine this past weekend. They sound great!

They weren't real snug when first sliding them on, but they weren't super loose either. After tightening the clamps they are pretty tight.

Edit: One of them had a hanger bar that was apparently bent during shipping. I bent it back into place and made sure they were all level. They centered up perfect when installed.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I haven't started the car yet. Put them on when I got home from work at 7pm. The wife had to go to bed because of work so i couldn't start the car. Mine centered fine, but to top it off there's a blemish on one of the tips, right at the bottom of the roll.

to top that off Ninosports packaging was a freaking joke! There was a nice hole in the box where the end of the exhaust pipe was poking through. Luckily it did not get bent. Oh, they put a thin piece of bubble wrap around the tips and muffler to keep them from clanging, but that's it!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:22 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

I didn't have much problem with the clamps on my GTA's. I did have to loosen one H pipe clamp & shift the over-the-axle pipe a bit to align the tips evenly, but that was the only issue I had with mine. I'm quite happy with them.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:24 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

well I have no doubts that these will leak, i'm going to pick up some cheap clamps to hopefully get them sealed. I can't see the clamps provided making a perfect seal because of the pipe allready being to large in diameter.

I will say they weren't as bad as the stingers, but not much better.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:24 PM
ScreaminYella06
1st Gear Member

Just go out there and crank it up. Hell, she is going to get mad at you for something sooner or later so make it a good cause! Just joking, You'll love the sound. If she is like my ole lady she'll just roll her eyes when she hears it.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Did you check for leaks using soap and water?

ORIGINAL: aircare84

I didn't have much problem with the clamps on my GTA's. I did have to loosen one H pipe clamp & shift the over-the-axle pipe a bit to align the tips evenly, but that was the only issue I had with mine. I'm quite happy with them.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Nixtang
1st Gear Member

Sorry yours didn't fit right, man - mine fit just right, without any adjustments. I bought mine from Ninosport, too. I don't think the packing is from them. I had mine delivered to my office (Ninosport is in Houston), and when he delivered it, one of the hangers was already sticking out of the box - he said that Supreme sent them that way.

Anyway, hope you like the sound of them. From what I've been told, the Stingers are twice as loud. If you were looking for an exhaust with a decent sound that doesn't drone, I think you found the right one.

Nick

Quick Reply: Why can't ford racing make an exhaust that fits????