Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Saleen install has begun...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:05 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default The Saleen install has begun...

well my install has begun. I advised the installer of the optional parts to install instead of etc. Like the the smaller pulley, the new cold plugs, the injectors, 90mm MAF, (also advised him that to try to use the c+l street intake with the 90 mm maf....if there are any clearance issues he is going to use the inlet hose off my stock air box if I need to order the new extreme instead..some ahve used the c+l street intake tube with a new 90mm maf on the end with a transition silicone hose as I am trying to work without any clearance issues, but i read some cars are different etc...if it does not fit, looks like stock intake tube, then the saleen extreme inlet tube on overnight express for friday, we will see....overall with guages and all it will cost me about $800...so I figure with all of my upgrades and purchases along with the Saleen I am in it for about $5800 installed...including 2 tunes from JDM and the dyno pull on friday...he told me probably will be done Thursday evening or Friday early am at the latest....
Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: The Saleen install has begun...

nice! let me know if you end up having clearance issues because im about to do the same thing you are trying! and definately put up some pictures when its done~
Old 03-22-2007, 12:22 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hufenstang

nice! let me know if you end up having clearance issues because im about to do the same thing you are trying! and definately put up some pictures when its done~
yeah someone else on here with a gt convert. has the saleen with the c+l street intake...he has pics of it fitting without any issues...but i have read where others had issues...we will see..if not then I will have a c+l street intake system for sale..LOL....then have to order the saleen extreme or c+l racer....which I hear has a little more flexibility....I will see or hear tomorrow..
Old 03-22-2007, 12:37 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

You know guys, the Street does look pretty cool but the Saleen tube does fit nicely and JDM has 'em for a pretty damn good price. Just something to chew on if the Street doesn't fit. Oh, may be a flow issue too? Jim Jr. recommended I use the Saleen tube when I informed them that I already had thee Street.

Oh, I wanted to ask, what gauges did you go with?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

Just sharing a pic of the Saleen inlet tube.

[IMG]local://upfiles/61548/8EF7E001EA3748B3A4A3724E0BC57036.jpg[/IMG]