Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUPER PISSED>>>Saleen installed. car throwing codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 02:43 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SUPER PISSED>>>Saleen installed. car throwing codes

ORIGINAL: hammeron

yes. if you return your car to the stock tune, you
can sell the unit and someone else can use it on
their stang.

they will want to purchase custom
tunes from an sct dealer, for their specific mods.

ORIGINAL: POWERS

That is a bitch... Mine has been running strong so far. Im going in next week for a dyno check up and will probably brreak down and go ahead with a custom tune. Only problem is my shops uses diablosport not sct so Id have to buy an new tuner. Anyone happen to know if you can sale the SCT XCAL2, and someone else can use it if i put the car back to stock tune first?
Thats what i was hoping for, that should ease the pain of $800 for a new tuner and custom tuning.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:53 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I dont believe its the tune. I spoke with jim today and everything checks out...it is probably something with the install....my car is still with the installer...I called him today to get the codes he said it was something like evaporator default failure....bottom line is he is taking it to a SCT tuner (Fordspeed in Largo) and putting it on the sct data logger their. he will have it fixed one way or another....I dont blame the installer. sometimes little things get missed...if I know him....he will trace it down and fix it...Jim from JDM thinks it is the install...we will see..he said they may have not connected something right to cause that evaporator code.... I just know that it will be fixed..I was going to try and go through error coding it with Jim (JDM) today and my installer, when i called the installer he advised he will bring it to the tuner on Monday (AM) and hook it up and correct....he said if it isnt the tune and its a issue they need to fix then obviously they will if it is the tune he will advise....one way or another it will be dyno tuned and corrected,,,I just have to wait....ARRGGHHHHHH!!!..
oh yeah...POWERS....allot of tuners down here are switching to diabolo...one is they are getting their setups so much cheaper than sct and 2 is they are getting sponsorship from them so much easier for their own vehicles...however there are still plenty of sct tuners around here...just got to find them..well heres to 48 hours of waiting for my car....as long as the end result is what it needs to be, so be it...
TJ
Old 03-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

cheftjpeck... feeling your pain bro...... it'll work out and you'll love the power...its damn addicting....
Old 03-24-2007, 10:39 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

sucks man. Hopefully it will get done soon. How far are u from JDM. How come they didnt do the install?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:47 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Because he's in Tampa and they're in New Jersey

ORIGINAL: probinator

sucks man. Hopefully it will get done soon. How far are u from JDM. How come they didnt do the install?
Old 03-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

their stang.

That is a bitch... Mine has been running strong so far. Im going in next week for a dyno check up and will probably brreak down and go ahead with a custom tune. Only problem is my shops uses diablosport not sct so Id have to buy an new tuner. Anyone happen to know if you can sale the SCT XCAL2, and someone else can use it if i put the car back to stock tune first?
Thats what i was hoping for, that should ease the pain of $800 for a new tuner and custom tuning.
$800 ??[:-]That is completely outrageous! No way in hell would I pay that much. You can get all of that for much less from a good tuner. At least out here, where there's more than one or two of them.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:01 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

their stang.

$800 ??[:-]That is completely outrageous! No way in hell would I pay that much. You can get all of that for much less from a good tuner. At least out here, where there's more than one or two of them.
That $800 includes a new Diablo SPort Predator which is usually what 300-400 bucks? So the tune itself is like $400. Which is the norm around here it seems for the quotes ive gotten. The shop im using is the best in the area, i had to wait two weeks just to get the car in for the install, hopefully their dyno will be fixed monday and I can squeeze in as soon as possible.