Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUPER PISSED>>>Saleen installed. car throwing codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:41 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default SUPER PISSED>>>Saleen installed. car throwing codes

yup, I am super pissed now...Saleen install went well....supercharger was boosting well. Started with JDM;s regular street tune as they called it...car would start great and as soon as we started to drive it.....bam.....DTC....engine light....fail safe mode....then the engine would stall at a stop...so we removed the street tune and put in the race tune...this time the car ran fine a little longer...then bam....same as above..we data logged as it was started...no codes,,,no issues at all..ran great <Sitting still and revving...> as soon as we drove the codes came on....I dont remember what the all were...some was evapo or fan codes...shifted really rough as well....its almost like both tunes were faulty or not made for my car and all its mods....no MAF codes..no air issues..checked all the hoses....vaccuum...etc..nothing mechanical....after 3 hours we sumised it has to be the tunes...so now I have to wait until Monday to get my custom dyno tune done....then need to call JDM and ask them what the heck....I dont think that their tunes are faulty in general...I just think they must have screwed up something somehow when sending me mine.....because they dont work...this sucks totally. I mean I always intended to have it custom dyno tuned....just was disappointed that my car is still sitting motionless and dead...waiting on a tune that I should have had a basic one from JDM that I paid 180 for 2 of them and they dont work...I know that is the risk of canned tunes....if it is not the tunes..what else can it be....the installer guy (who is top notch...even stated....he said it was like the PC was not even communicating with the car right....first thing we checked was the maf sensor....nope...no issues....after data logging we came back to it has to be the tune....so Monday it is.....AARRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 03-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SUPER PISSED>>>Saleen installed. car throwing codes

Uhhhg, that sucks the big one.... I feel for ya.....the only thing I can think of is that I believe that the tunes can be e-mailed to ya.....maybe they are open tomorrow and they can email ya fresh tunes, and load them.... Then take it in on monday.... I was looking forward to hearing about your install, but not this....

I'd buy ya few rounds if I could...
Old 03-24-2007, 02:29 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

They are open tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:43 AM
2006GTSC
3rd Gear Member

I'll be up at Team JDM tomorrow picking mine up from the Supercharger install..what I like about their tunes is that they actually take the car out for a test drive a few times to make sure its not throwing codes..
Old 03-24-2007, 03:01 AM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

I had a Ford SVT Dealer install my Saleen Supercharger...

Then got a JDM super tune...

Never got any codes!!!

Car never stalled either...

Sorry to hear about your problems but if anyone can fix it, JDM can...

Dave
Old 03-24-2007, 03:22 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

When you ordered your tunes, are you sure you gave them the right computer code for your car and that they wrote it down correctly?

Old 03-24-2007, 03:46 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT

When you ordered your tunes, are you sure you gave them the right computer code for your car and that they wrote it down correctly?

Usually if atune is loaded on a car with the wrong computer code, the car won't start.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:15 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

That is a bitch... Mine has been running strong so far. Im going in next week for a dyno check up and will probably brreak down and go ahead with a custom tune. Only problem is my shops uses diablosport not sct so Id have to buy an new tuner. Anyone happen to know if you can sale the SCT XCAL2, and someone else can use it if i put the car back to stock tune first?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:19 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

yes. if you return your car to the stock tune, you
can sell the unit and someone else can use it on
their stang.

they will want to purchase custom
tunes from an sct dealer, for their specific mods.

ORIGINAL: POWERS

That is a bitch... Mine has been running strong so far. Im going in next week for a dyno check up and will probably brreak down and go ahead with a custom tune. Only problem is my shops uses diablosport not sct so Id have to buy an new tuner. Anyone happen to know if you can sale the SCT XCAL2, and someone else can use it if i put the car back to stock tune first?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:27 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Chef,

Did you do any upgrades to the fuel system? I'm just wondering if it's starving for fuel when you're driving it. I would think you would get a fuel related code for that, but don't know for sure.

Have you had your fuel pump replaced as part of the TSB for hesitation after long cruise? I have heard some that have had the fuel pump replaced that swear the car performs soooo much better with the new pump. I'm just wondering if maybe you have a weak fuel pump coupled with larger injectors, and such and the car just isn't getting enough gas.

I would think that if it was the tunes, you would have trouble as soon as you start it up.

Just some thoughts.

Keep us posted on the problem/solution.

Quick Reply: SUPER PISSED>>>Saleen installed. car throwing codes