Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel and Suspension Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:55 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Wheel and Suspension Mods

Its got more than you need/want perhaps, but it is very nice.

front sway is not needed as the stock is fine and the UCA and UCA mount can be a PITA.

Tillmanspeed has a group buy over on another forum and you might be able to get in on that still.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Maineiac
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Its got more than you need/want perhaps, but it is very nice.

front sway is not needed as the stock is fine and the UCA and UCA mount can be a PITA.

Tillmanspeed has a group buy over on another forum and you might be able to get in on that still.
Well, I have a little while to think it over.

Concerning the UCA and UCA mount, do you mean they are a PITA when installing the sway bar? I'm going to have a professional do the installation. I wonder how much that'll cost me.

I also found the following BMRpackage on the website. Will this be a good idea or should I just go with just LCA's for a couple hundred dollars cheaper? By the way, I couldn't find UCA's...

BMR Level 1 Package Includes:
[ul][*]Billet Aluminum Lower Control Arms w/ Polyurethane Bushings (Part # TCA027)[*]Upper 3rd Link w/ Polyurethane Bushings (Part # UTCA017)[*]Upper Control Arm Mount (Part # UCM001)[/ul]
Thanks for all the help. I have a lot of questions, but now learning a lot!
Old 03-25-2007, 05:32 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Maineiac
BMR Level 1 Package Includes:
[ul][*]Billet Aluminum Lower Control Arms w/ Polyurethane Bushings (Part # TCA027)[*]Upper 3rd Link w/ Polyurethane Bushings (Part # UTCA017)[*]Upper Control Arm Mount (Part # UCM001)[/ul]

Thanks for all the help. I have a lot of questions, but now learning a lot!
This is not the best because it is not adjustable. If a pro is doing then install then the UCA is not as big a deal. I did not get it yet because the install is not fun and I do most all my mods. I think you will have to remove the rear seat and since I do not have a lift all the mods are harder since I am on my back for most of them. I might have to get the adj UCA with the install of the new driveshaft though. Still waiting to see.

Read the post by CrazyAl here and you should know what you do need or maybe not.How far you want to take it is up to you, but what has been mentioned above is generally all that is needed for proper install.

https://mustangforums.com/m_1696246/...tm.htm#1696246

Old 04-09-2007, 10:08 PM
jmart69x
1st Gear Member

I have an 06 GT convertible. I got the following suspension mods professionally installed. ($2,400 out the door- Parts/Labor/Tax)
1. Eibach Pro-System Plus Suspension Kit
2. BMR adjustable chrome-molly panhard bar
3. BMR camber bolts
4. Metco billet Lower Control Arms
Old 04-09-2007, 10:18 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheDarkPath

I have the BMR tubular LCAs with relocation brackets. I like them even though the install was kind of a pain. One of the brackets was bent and the spacers were too long. a vice, some elbow grease, and a hack saw took care of all of those minor issues. BMR's quality is top notch. I also have their radiator support/front swaybar delete and it was a perfect fit.
I had issues with my BMR adj LCA, the bushings were not wide enough according to the installer who was working on my car. [:@]
Old 04-09-2007, 10:46 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I went with H&R sport springs (3/4 to 1" drop) and bilsteins. For my taste, so far it is perfect. And I am a self admitted fuss ***.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:49 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

As a side note. I did not touch the UCA. But when I had the axel lowered down with the springs, shocks, etc off, access to the upper arm did not look too bad.