Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uncomfortable Headrest

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:04 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Uncomfortable Headrest

ORIGINAL: cantwin1

Headrest?? What headrest??

I"m 5'5", (with my shoes on), not bothered at all by it!!
This one is just too funny! [sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 03-26-2007, 11:05 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

You're not alone in HATING the angle of the headrests. They are absolutely rediculous. I challenge anybody to find another car with such an extreme angle with no rear/forward adjustment. SO. . . I found somebody to make me a custom headrest with BMW 325 posts so it can go up and down and back and forth. They are not finished yet, but in the meantime I have taken the headrest and turned it around. It takes 30 seconds to do. Then I went to Target and bought a headrest pillow that clips around the back of the headrest. It's much, much better, still protects in case of a rear end collision, and my entire body doesn't ache after a drive!!! The headrests come out by placing a very small screwdriver or whatever fits inside the tiny hole at the base of the headrest post. It simply disengages the mechanism that keeps the headrest from coming all the way out. Push the screwdriver in the hole, pull up on the headrest and also push the button on the other post. Clear as mud?
Old 03-26-2007, 11:20 PM
05MGT

I guess no one is taking heed to my headrestraintpost. They're not head 'rests' They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'.

[:@][>:][:'(][8D]
Old 03-26-2007, 11:35 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jonpo

Yeah I like the headrest too. Its the first one that I can actually put my head on without tipping my head back. Just perfect I think
Exactly, the first head rest that is actually functional. I really like mine, I'm 6'2" when I sit in the seat thats where my head goes, real comfortable.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:12 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: jonpo

Yeah I like the headrest too. Its the first one that I can actually put my head on without tipping my head back. Just perfect I think
Exactly my thoughts. I love resting my head on it over the course of a long drive, but love the fact that I don't feel like I'm leaning back. It's just aboutin the perfect position, and I think it was a well thought out design on Ford's part!
Old 03-27-2007, 04:26 AM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

I like my head rest as well. I am 6'2" and these are the first head rests that are functional for me. Most I have had in the past were simply for head restraint or looks, but these work good for me.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:49 AM
06 gt
1st Gear Member

If every one that does not like the head "rest" removed them, and then got rear ended, it would be Darwin1, Them 0. It is there to protect your neck in an accident, not to lay your lazy head on. It looks like it may be the best,safest head restraintin any car I have ever had. Thanks Ford!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

You're not alone in HATING the angle of the headrests. They are absolutely rediculous. I challenge anybody to find another car with such an extreme angle with no rear/forward adjustment. SO. . . I found somebody to make me a custom headrest with BMW 325 posts so it can go up and down and back and forth. They are not finished yet, but in the meantime I have taken the headrest and turned it around. It takes 30 seconds to do. Then I went to Target and bought a headrest pillow that clips around the back of the headrest. It's much, much better, still protects in case of a rear end collision, and my entire body doesn't ache after a drive!!! The headrests come out by placing a very small screwdriver or whatever fits inside the tiny hole at the base of the headrest post. It simply disengages the mechanism that keeps the headrest from coming all the way out. Push the screwdriver in the hole, pull up on the headrest and also push the button on the other post. Clear as mud?
Awesome! I've been wondering if modifying the posts was possible. Let us know how it works out, and if the shop would be willing to have headrests mailed to them for modification.

Whether you like the angle or not, Ford should have put a for/aftadjustment on them.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:45 AM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MGT

I guess no one is taking heed to my headrestraintpost. They're not head 'rests' They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'They're not head 'rests'.

[:@][>:][:'(][8D]
Ok, I will bite. Exactly what are they Einstein?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:22 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Look folks, this thread is a repeat from December. The same exact thing happened there. Someone said "i don't like these" and the rest of the posts were from those who absolutely loved them. It went nowhere. The point is that those of us that DON'T like the headrests would like to figure out a way to handle the situation. We're happy for those of you that enjoy them, but it would be pleasant to have more than 3% of the responses be RESPONSIVE to the original post rather than simply lauding the wonders of the headrest.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. . . So once I found somebody to do the work, I bought some BMW 325 [also called E36 I think] headrests on Ebay for about $35 and had them delivered to him. He sent me some spare headrests he had from another 05+ Mustang so I could send him mine. I haven't sent them yet because I just haven't! I told the guy that I've been working with that I'd definitely tell others about his work. He's not finished yet [because I haven't yet sent him my original headrests] but here's his info.

Rich Santana
www.santanainteriors.com

He does interior work for hot rods and custom cars.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable Headrest