Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long did you wait to start modding?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:24 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How long did you wait to start modding?

I havent even gotten mine yet...according to the dealer its still a month out. But I've just ordered MSR 19 inch wheels, falken tires, Eibach Pro springs, Tokico shocks and struts, and a Spohn adjustable panhard bar. This hobby is a wallet killer. MWAHAHA! I cant wait.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Same day! I ordered the Web Electric sequential lights before I took delivery of my car. I put the lights on the day I got it home. -Joe
oakman
2nd Gear Member

Immediately - interior billet items, Two days - tint, three days-mirror, 1 week - signal mirrors. This car is fun to mod.
SanJose06GTVert

I had my Flowmaster axel-back’s on my living room floor two weeks before the car shipped and they went on at 500 miles. I added a K&N CIA tube at 2K and a Hurst shifter at 10K.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:31 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

I bought my Stang only to modify it, I started with wheels and tires one week after I got it just to make sure it was not a lemon, after a couple thousand miles without problems (other than the thunking noise in the front end) I decided it was not defective so I ordered the engine and suspension mods. (It would have been sad to get a defective car just to realize that the guarantee is voided because of the mods.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perdi

ROFL...Sweet!!!

I Put Rims and tires The day after I bought it, the day after that I had it Tinted, 2 days after that I had A Head Unit, replaced all the speakers, 2 amps and 2 subs (that took 2 days) then I had the weekend, then that monday I took it in for a Saleen Stage 2 S/C, Duel GT500 Fuel Pumps, SPEC 2+ Clutch, Full Exhaust (LT Headers/X -pipe/AT's) Lowering kit, Adj UC/LC/relocation brackets, Adj. Panhard, Frame Connectors,B&M Shifter.... I haven't gotten her back yet...It's been a week at the shop so far (still waiting for some parts)...So in the meantime I've been ordering shyt online... So far I've gotten in the black billet Fuel door, Pony Floor mats, MUSTANG GT sticker for the 3rd brake light, Sequential Brake Light kit, Pony head rest wrap, silver welting for the doors, still waiting on the Painted Louvers, Pony License Plate Bracket, Billet ***** and drink holder thing, GTO headlight black out, Hood Pins, GT Trunk lid mat thing...and probably some other stuff I've forgotten about....

next on the list is Guages..... and paint for the calipers..but I'm gunna drive it for a bit, I've only owned her for like 2 1/2 weeks... (I figure get it all done at once, instead of loosing the car for small periods of time....) yes, I have been bitten by the mod bug....and I owe it all to you bastages!!
damn, how much money are you putting into this
Old 03-27-2007, 08:40 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Too much on the BS mods but way to go on the engine mods!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 PM
titanjcGT

LOL!!! This is awesome. Now I don't feel nearly as bad! You all may have inspired me to order the SLP Loudmouth tomorrow! LMAO
Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I started ordering mods before my car arrived.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:00 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I purchased parts before I even placed the order for the car.
I purchased wheels, Mufflers then after i placed the order for the car i came home and purchased Springs and Shocks

Richard

Quick Reply: How long did you wait to start modding?