Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is needed for 11.90s N/A

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Default What is needed for 11.90s N/A

I know there are easy answers like supercharger/turbocharger or nitrous but I'm wanting to run 11.99 or better in the 1/4 N/A without nitrous.

So far, this is my plan:
-My current mods (see sig)
-3.73 gears
-Torque Converter (unsure of stall)
-Charge motion delete plates
-MT E/T Street DRs
-Aluminum Driveshaft
-5.0L stoker kit
-Tubular K-member and A-arms
-Ported and polished heads with 3-angle valve job
-Comp stage 3 cams

Will this setup get me 11s?
Is there anything i'm missing that i'll need...fuel system upgrades, rearend upgrades, etc?

This will be a long-term project so I'm not looking to have this done next month or anything.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:39 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What is needed for 11.90s N/A

this is just speculation but if you do cams you might actually benefit from the TB and the C&L racer
and with the stroker I'm sure those would help even though the TB doesn't help the stock engine and the racer compaired to the street on the stock motor don't have a big diff
Old 03-29-2007, 03:44 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

this is just speculation but if you do cams you might actually benefit from the TB and the C&L racer
and with the stroker I'm sure those would help even though the TB doesn't help the stock engine and the racer compaired to the street on the stock motor don't have a big diff
I would agree with this but with the money you are talking about why not just do a SC??
Old 03-29-2007, 03:52 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

I would agree with this but with the money you are talking about why not just do a SC??
I've been going back and forth on this for a while now but I figure if i go slowly and do1 or2 things at a time, even if I went with a SC, i'd probably still do most of the above minus the stroker kit (and maybe minus the p/p heads). I know at a certain point with boost i'll need forged internals and a built tranny so if I go the N/A route, it'll be fast and relatively safe from exploding something since the stroker kit is all forged.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:10 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

If power is your thing just get a whipple SC, forged rotating assembly, and you are good for about 550rwhp.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:10 AM
stangoil
2nd Gear Member

getting to 11's is not easy i have s/c 9psi cams,4.10 (ect see below) and now the 3500 stall and camshafts and will be high 11's i am at 2800 ft which hurts me but if the mickeys hook up may be mid 11's will best unless i raise the boost i dyno 2 weeks ago at 400 rwhp @ 3300 ft above sea level
Old 03-29-2007, 04:18 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangoil

getting to 11's is not easy i have s/c 9psi cams,4.10 (ect see below) and now the 3500 stall and camshafts and will be high 11's i am at 2800 ft which hurts me but if the mickeys hook up may be mid 11's will best unless i raise the boost i dyno 2 weeks ago at 400 rwhp @ 3300 ft above sea level
How is the 4.10 gear with the SC and high stall? I've heard with SC and stall, the 4.10 can be too much gear.
I should have an easier time than you (not saying it's easy) getting into the 11s since i'm basically at sea level (Houston, TX).

mustangman2424: Yeah, that's my other option...forged internals, whipple HO, and built tranny. One of these days i'm just going to price out all the options and see which looks best. I mainly wanted to see if I did all the above, am I missing any vital upgrades such as fuel, rearend, etc.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:24 AM
stangoil
2nd Gear Member

well right now i tecmotion, bmr, comp cam, diabloand ford trying to make this thing shift properly been to dyno 3 times and new problem after fix last problem. the gears on the hiway suck but the feel is great. if i was not going to race the car i would go to 3;73
Old 03-29-2007, 04:29 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

I think it's great trying to get low #'s on all motor - good luck with your build.

I think these forums are a really good place for a lot of info. Additionally, if I were you, I'd kook-up with a good local speed shop/tuner.

I've heard that there is a calculator out there that can calculate how much hp/tq you'll need to accelerate the weight for the target ET? Anyone seen the calculator I'm talking about (maybe I'm having a 'shroom flashback)? [sm=icon_beat.gif]
Old 03-29-2007, 04:33 AM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

Unless I missed it L/T Headers are a must

Weight reduction- C/F hood-trunk, lexan windows, strip interior, pullrear brakes, relocate battery,light weight wheels

Quick Reply: What is needed for 11.90s N/A