Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsas + off-road h-pipe = LOUD (w/ video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 01:26 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Corsas + off-road h-pipe = LOUD

ORIGINAL: Nixtang

Cool, thanks for the info!

Did you notice any type of decrease in power? I realize that Brenspeed claims a 8 hp increase, but most likely, the increase is on the top end. I've been thinking about purchasing this h-pipe, but don't want to if it loses power down low.

Where'd you take those videos? I think I know where that's at...

Nick
I didn't notice any decrease in power. I didn't really notice any increase either but you're not going to really feel 8-10hp so I wasn't expecting too.

The revving video and short take off was filmed in the DelMar Stadium parking lot in Houston, TX (Mangum Road). The WOT video where you can only see interior was getting onto Hwy 290.

JT_Moore05: Yea, that was my dad saying "God Dern...", I think he's trying not to cuss for Lent. That was one of the few times he's felt the 1-2 and 2-3 shift in the car since the CAI/Tune. He'll be taking it down the track a few times the next time I go so he can feel it and so i can see/hear it from the outside.

My only complaint so far is there is some vibration at very low rpm driving when the car is cold...once it warms up the vibration goes away. I'm not sure what's causing that as i've checked the length of the exhaust pipes from headers to muffler tips and there's nowhere that I can see where anything makes contact besides the gromets.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Nixtang
1st Gear Member

Let me know thenext time you go out to HRP so you can whoop my best time of 13.2 all over the track... : )
Old 04-01-2007, 02:20 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

I'll be going April 15th. I'll be shooting for my first 12-second pass.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:24 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Is that vibration drone that you are experiencing? Just curious. The sound is great at WOT and getting on to the highway. Sounds close to my magnaflow magnapacks but a tad louder and this comparison was made on good computer w/speakersand a sub. Sounds like a great buy.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:50 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Is that vibration drone that you are experiencing? Just curious. The sound is great at WOT and getting on to the highway. Sounds close to my magnaflow magnapacks but a tad louder and this comparison was made on good computer w/speakersand a sub. Sounds like a great buy.
I don't think it's drone because there's no drone that I can hear, it's only in 1st or 2nd gear at really low rpms when barely giving gas and is only when it's cold. The vibration comes up into the center console.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:54 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thanks for the clarification...I was curious. I have slight drone at 1800 rpms and then it is gone. I really dont mind it and it is not as loud as others have complained about with different exhaust setups. I have had friends in the car that never even hear it and wonder what the hell I am talking about but I hear everything and try to be in tune with the car.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:01 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

The closest thing i get to drone is sometimes when slowing down (not braking) before a gear change, it'll have a slight hum but it's gone quick and only audible with the radio off and if you're listening for it. I can't believe there is no drone on the highway...makes me respect the Corsas even more.

The next time i have the car in the air, i'm going double check everything again to make sure nothing is close enough to anything else to rub. The fact that the vibration only occurs when it's cold is really making it hard for me to figure out what's causing it. Once i've been driving over 2 minutes or if i get over 40 mph...it doesn't come back. When the car is cold and is first started...it idles high (i guess to warm up) and is really loud. For some reason, it seems quieter when warm.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:07 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Cool sounds good
Old 04-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

I LIKE IT!!!!

the WOT pull from a dig sounded great even on my laptops' crapy speakers...
Old 04-02-2007, 02:23 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

how much did the setup cost you installed? looking to do the same setuo but so excited on the price...

Quick Reply: Corsas + off-road h-pipe = LOUD (w/ video)