Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Improving Traction Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Dman23

Default Improving Traction Question

Just wondering if there is anyone who know's if there is a traction bar out there for an 06 mustang gt? If so I am thinking about getting one if I can find it any recommendations or tips?
Thanks
Old 04-01-2007, 09:58 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Improving Traction Question

Get some adjustable lower control arms or non-adjustable with relocation brackets. BMR makes good quality suspension parts. Also look up CHE or Spohn.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:56 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

+1 lower control arms will solve most of your off the line traction issues. Don't forget Steeda too.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:30 AM
91GT
1st Gear Member

So if I got some BMR lower control arms, is it something I can put on myself or not? Is there anything else I should be adding while im there?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:40 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: TheDarkPath

Get some adjustable lower control arms or non-adjustable with relocation brackets. BMR makes good quality suspension parts. Also look up CHE or Spohn.
Darkpath you got your info wrong. Get adjustable lower control arms and get relocation brackets if you plan on lowering your car.

https://mustangforums.com/m_2727670/tm.htm

Andrew
Old 04-02-2007, 01:44 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Depending on what you have planned for the future, you may want to do an adjustable upper control arm while the car is in the air. This will almost be a necessity if you'll be doing a 1-piece driveshaft later on since you may need to adjust the pinion angle. There is a very good post about this someone on here. The UCA will also provide more durability over the stock UCA and adjustablility is always a plus.

I did the BMR LCAs and relocation brackets in my driveway using jackstands and hand tools (the hose on my air compressor had busted so everything was done with hand tools) with the help of my Dad. A 2nd pair of hands always helps. The install wasn't too bad but the spacers that came with my relocation brackets were too long (way too long) and I had to take a hack saw to them. One of the brackets was also too narrow but I was able to bend it out. Brenspeed was really cool about it and said if i couldn't make it work, they'd take them back, open up another box to make sure they were right, and send me a new pair. You can order any BMR parts from Brenspeed, even if they aren't listed on Brenspeed's website. Go to http://www.bmrfabrication.com/.

If you're only going to be drag racing and not road racing (autocross), then i'd suggest the BMR radiator support/front swaybar delete. It sheds about 26lbs off the front and allows the front to raise up a little more when launching. That was a really simple install.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:50 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

Darkpath you got your info wrong. Get adjustable lower control arms and get relocation brackets if you plan on lowering your car.

https://mustangforums.com/m_2727670/tm.htm

Andrew
If you look in the link you posted and at the picture in that post, there is an "aggressive setting" for the relocation bracket where the back of the LCA is lower than the front...thus improving traction. If you lower the car, then it's a necessity to adjust the LCA angle so it's not pushing the rear end upwards which would kill traction.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:55 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Depending on what you have planned for the future, you may want to do an adjustable upper control arm while the car is in the air. This will almost be a necessity if you'll be doing a 1-piece driveshaft later on since you may need to adjust the pinion angle. There is a very good post about this someone on here. The UCA will also provide more durability over the stock UCA and adjustablility is always a plus.

I did the BMR LCAs and relocation brackets in my driveway using jackstands and hand tools (the hose on my air compressor had busted so everything was done with hand tools) with the help of my Dad. A 2nd pair of hands always helps. The install wasn't too bad but the spacers that came with my relocation brackets were too long (way too long) and I had to take a hack saw to them. One of the brackets was also too narrow but I was able to bend it out. Brenspeed was really cool about it and said if i couldn't make it work, they'd take them back, open up another box to make sure they were right, and send me a new pair. You can order any BMR parts from Brenspeed, even if they aren't listed on Brenspeed's website. Go to http://www.bmrfabrication.com/.

If you're only going to be drag racing and not road racing (autocross), then i'd suggest the BMR radiator support/front swaybar delete. It sheds about 26lbs off the front and allows the front to raise up a little more when launching. That was a really simple install.
Hi again, on your second post you state to get adjustable LCA's or LCA relocation brackets and non-adjustable lcas. Adjustable lcas and relocation brackets do two separate things. Relocation brackets change the LCA Angle and the adjustable LCA's change the pinion angle. It is much better to have adjustable LCA's and a fixed UCA. Also while you are doing that You might want to do the UCA mount and the adj.panhard(if you lower your car) with the upper panhard support. It is like 300$ more for those parts and the install isn't that much because you have to remove them anyways during the install, might aswell replace them with better parts.

Andrew