Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:41 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT500 FRONT CONVERSION --- DONE!!!!!!!!!

Mellow, you wanna know what I think.....hahaha.

I had a bug up my a$$ the other day about work......I guess I took it out on your thread. My "poser" comments are more geared toward sixers with GT500 front fascias. Your car looks great because the GT500 fascia is extremely handsome.

I have 2yr old twins so I know where you're coming from on pleasing your son......but the snake shouldn't go on your car. You've already admitted that you are not trying to clone the GT500......so leaving the snakes off the car goes a long way to backing up that remark.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:06 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Bascho,I appreciate your comments and your sincerity. At the end, we just want our cars to look good and others to appreciate the hard work we put in to them. So when someone comes on strong, we naturally react. I don't think I said anything bad, but if I did, I must have just gotten overly defensive. And about the snake, just like I did not put it on when I did the transformation, it is still not going on. I am just going to leave it black. Im sure my son will understand.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:18 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Bascho,I appreciate your comments and your sincerity. At the end, we just want our cars to look good and others to appreciate the hard work we put in to them. So when someone comes on strong, we naturally react. I don't think I said anything bad, but if I did, I must have just gotten overly defensive. And about the snake, just like I did not put it on when I did the transformation, it is still not going on. I am just going to leave it black. Im sure my son will understand.
You didn't say anything bad.....I was just picking fights that day.

Black looks good......and if that gets old, Ford Racing just released a replacement GT500 grill set (steel mesh) part number M-8200-C. Unfortunately they are not showing on the website yet, but I just got the Ford Racing catalog yesterday.....lots of new stuff including the reintroduction of the complete terminator crate engine (no price listed yet).
Old 04-12-2007, 07:32 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Can you get that from any Ford parts department or do we go somewhere else. I was looking at another lower grill from ShelbyAutos.com. Its the lower grill on the GT500 with the new brake vent holes and vent kit. It has 2 silver color circles and a vent kit to cool front brakes. Pretty cool looking but kind of small.
Well here is a pic with out the pony.

Anybody running 4.10's on their car? How do you like them? Drivability o.k.?

Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Can you get that from any Ford parts department or do we go somewhere else?
You should be able to order that part number from any Ford dealer.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

"geared toward sixers with GT500 front fascias."

yeah, cause Im going to the track to race, or better yet I might just street race. What the hell is the difference if my 'stang can put out 300 horses or 500? no ones going to dyno it, no ones going to race me. and I never go above 65mph, so who the fvck is going to think about 2 goddamn cyl.'s that I dont have?

yeah, good for you with your big ol GT. I guess life must be that bad that you have to say "ehh atleast I have a GT"

you want a fvcking cookie a$$hole?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:38 AM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

"geared toward sixers with GT500 front fascias."

yeah, cause Im going to the track to race, or better yet I might just street race. What the hell is the difference if my 'stang can put out 300 horses or 500? no ones going to dyno it, no ones going to race me. and I never go above 65mph, so who the fvck is going to think about 2 goddamn cyl.'s that I dont have?

yeah, good for you with your big ol GT. I guess life must be that bad that you have to say "ehh atleast I have a GT"

you want a fvcking cookie a$$hole?
Everyone is a street racer every now and then. I'm not talking about cleared streets in the middle of the night with a hat drop......I'm talking about the daily stop light to stop light fun to be had. With a GT500 appearance, people are going to be blasting away from stop lights on you left and right.......but unless their driving a Focus you are going to get your sixer a$$ handed to you.

I don't have a problem with sixer stangs......it's the reason Ford can build GT's and GT500's. But dressing up the band geek as the prom queen is a ricer thing to do. You don't have the giant grill lamp excuse.......so what's you're motivation to pose your sixer as something it's not.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:51 AM
GrabbaPony

Looks Awesome!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Really, well in case your just too goddamn stupid to realize how much I'm against street racing or even "stoplight to stoplight" as I've stated in other posts as a police officer I responded to many jobs of street racing, and saw many horrific sights that you people don't even realize what goes on out there.

What's the difference between a GT and a v6 doing it??? I really don't see one, both are well under the numbers of a GT500 and both are claiming to be something they are not. If you called all models "posers" if they put the GT500 fascia on then I wouldn't be annoyed right now, but to consider only sixers as a poser is f*cking retarded, especially when you condone GT's putting the fascia on, and are thinking about doing it yourself.

I'm not claiming my car to be a GT500, nor claiming it can perform like one, all I'm doing is putting on the front fascia.

If someone gets jessica simpsons haircut, but left everything else alone would they be considered a poser?

I guess everyone on here who puts a GT350 stripe, or a roush part, or saleen part is a poser then.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:53 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

Really, well in case your just too goddamn stupid to realize how much I'm against street racing or even "stoplight to stoplight" as I've stated in other posts as a police officer I responded to many jobs of street racing, and saw many horrific sights that you people don't even realize what goes on out there.

What's the difference between a GT and a v6 doing it??? I really don't see one, both are well under the numbers of a GT500 and both are claiming to be something they are not. If you called all models "posers" if they put the GT500 fascia on then I wouldn't be annoyed right now, but to consider only sixers as a poser is f*cking retarded, especially when you condone GT's putting the fascia on, and are thinking about doing it yourself.

I'm not claiming my car to be a GT500, nor claiming it can perform like one, all I'm doing is putting on the front fascia.

If someone gets jessica simpsons haircut, but left everything else alone would they be considered a poser?

I guess everyone on here who puts a GT350 stripe, or a roush part, or saleen part is a poser then.
Calm down officer Dennis. You're taking this thing waaay too personally. I can have any opinion I want.......if I think a sixer with a GT500 fascia is poser than that's my right. If you think it's ok then that's your right.

You're not going to change my mind, just as I'm not going to change yours. If you can't handle the comments then maybe you shouldn't post threads about your car.

Quick Reply: GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14