Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:35 PM
SRT_what
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT500 FRONT CONVERSION --- DONE!!!!!!!!!

What rims are on the black car?
Old 04-06-2007, 04:38 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

All the parts you need for front and GT500 rear spoiler, mine is not on yet but look back at the black one, its there + painting, it will add up to almost 2 large.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PERTANO

2,000???[:'(][:'(] You're kidding right???
I think he's talking about a poser GT500....not a total conversion.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM
PERTANO
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bascho

Calling these cars poser's isn't quite right. Hell I don't claim my car to be a GT500 if anyone asks. I just absolutelyhated those huge and hideous foglamps. They were the worst thing ever and I had to get rid of them. I was going to put the Shelby billet grille on my car til I ran across this front end in the parts book. I just had to put the part numbers together and with some help from KC at Clevenger I filled in the blanks on what I needed.

I just was questioning the cost because I know how much the swap actually costs me, and then how much I would make off it if I sold it. At 2,000 for a front end only that would be a huge chunk of change for profit at current prices. Not to say they won't go up because when I did my conversion the prices were almost 300 less then it is now. So that just goes to show you that things change. With the spoiler and front clip all painted and installed the price is right on what is about the going rate.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:47 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PERTANO

ORIGINAL: bascho

Calling these cars poser's isn't quite right. Hell I don't claim my car to be a GT500 if anyone asks. I just absolutelyhated those huge and hideous foglamps. They were the worst thing ever and I had to get rid of them. I was going to put the Shelby billet grille on my car til I ran across this front end in the parts book. I just had to put the part numbers together and with some help from KC at Clevenger I filled in the blanks on what I needed.

I just was questioning the cost because I know how much the swap actually costs me, and then how much I would make off it if I sold it. At 2,000 for a front end only that would be a huge chunk of change for profit at current prices. Not to say they won't go up because when I did my conversion the prices were almost 300 less then it is now. So that just goes to show you that things change. With the spoiler and front clip all painted and installed the price is right on what is about the going rate.

No offense, but they're other ways to get rid of the large grill mounted lamps from a stock GT. Changing over to aftermarket body panels is not posing because those panels have no association with expected performance. When you choose to use a body part that is originally used on a GT500, it's because you want your car to look like a GT500. It doesn't matter if you use a badge or tell people it's a GT. When people see you on the streets they'll assume you have a GT500. Since you don't, your car is a poser.

There is nothing wrong with having a poser GT500......but don't get delusional about what you have.......it's a poser GT500.

BTW, your car looks really good!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:52 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

PERTANO: That amount definitely includes factory rear wing. Thanks for all your help bro.

Bascho: BTW look at the emblem in the grille, it's not a snake, its a horse. And the side says GT, so no one is trying to pose. Just did not care for the factory front setup. I even moved the fogs to the center to change the look, but still did not do it for me. The GT500 front is smooth and has afactory clean look, because it is factory. And if you don't really care for these front swaps,why don't you just simply avoid the swap threads. I was told as kid if you got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

The only time they should be considered poser GT500's is if they have the Shelby emblems...
Old 04-06-2007, 06:25 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

The only time they should be considered poser GT500's is if they have the Shelby emblems...
+1 That is just not done... People who do that deserve to be flamed, it's either a GT500 or it's not... Don't lie!
I think the Shelby front end is the way it should have been for all mustangs. It just looks a little meaner. But at 2000 a swap... I am not even going to try and convince my wife...
Old 04-06-2007, 06:29 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

You guys are right....I'm wrong. Your GT with a GT500 front facsia looks nothing like a GT500 because you didn't put a cobra on the grill. [sm=bangbang.gif]
Old 04-06-2007, 06:41 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

WTF he likes the look ...so what? [sm=dontgetit.gif] I like the look too.

Quick Reply: GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14