Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:23 PM
tdappleman
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Seats

Go with leather - the lighter colors will do better in the sun and wont get as hot - my previous conv had black leather which was HOT, but this tan is great. I keep my top down the majority of the time and even with shorts it doesn't get unbearable. I've seen some owners tilt their seats forward which I'm sure helps since it keeps the direct sun off of the seat surface. My kid's booster seats which have cloth covers get just as hot as the leater - sometimes I think they are warmer since it's a darker color than my tan.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:02 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

Go with what you like. Care for leather is pretty easy. Just make sure you take care of it with good treater and it will not crack. Same with cloth take care of it and it iwll not get dirty or rip. Either way you will love the car. I personally have leather and love it. It was one of the most important options for me but I enjoy leather seats. They do get hot in the summer and are cold in the winter but they are much softer and more supportive.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Go with leather!

You're right, it looks better in a vert. But if you're worried about the sun fading or cracking it, just make sure you treat and condition it. It's simple and you can buy products from Maguiers at Kragen, etc. You can't really complain about taking the time to take of the leather because when you get one of these cars, you're gonna want to baby and wash it all the time anyways

Plus, cloth really isn't cheaper. If you spill something on the leather, you can just wipe it off or clean it right up. Cloth would inbed and stain and that's it. Takes more of an effort to clean then. As far as replacement, you can replace the leather if it gets too horrible in the future by buying them on Mustang take off part sites.

You'll love the leather!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

If it's the cost of the extras that have to go along with it, you can buy OEM leather seat covers on eBay for $250. I replaced the leather seat covers on my truck and it wasn't too terrible of a job. Could save you a few bucks.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:37 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Cloth = Dust City!!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:06 AM
RedDot
1st Gear Member

Hey, is that the Dirty Sanchez move? LOL
Old 06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
lenster

Seems like the unanimous choice here is leather, which I agree with. Also bear in mind, despite the cloth being cooler in the heat and warmer in the winter, the cloth will absorb more odors. The leather will not absorb odors as much. This may have an effect on the vehicle after several years of ownership.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Fronts seats are leather and the rears are leatherette, FAKE LEATHER......go figure![sm=lame.gif]
Old 06-05-2007, 05:12 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Leather is the nicest.

Though its not nearly as comfortable as cloth... Especially in cold weather. So just think what is more important to you, looking cool to other people or being comfortable.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Leather

Quick Reply: Seats