Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SWhat would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SWhat would you do?

If you want it fast make it fast, if you want it to look good then make it look good. It's really all up to you. I'm assuming that you got the V6 more for its looks than for performanceor else you would've gotten the GT. So my guess is go for the eleanor kit it'll look sick!

-DG
Old 04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Mad Max

I may go super charger and then the elanore kit... It's like some of you ahve said... I love this car. I'm sick that my drive to work is only 5 minutes every morning. My 2000 Mustang was a 3.5 this one is of course a 4.0. I can seriously feel the difference. The performance of this one is so much more incredible. There were already some mods that the previous owner had done to the car. I'm not sure about the exhaust system but I know that mine sounds a lot better than other V6's around. I noticed that some were not dual exhaust, mine is. I was under the assumption that all2005 V6'swere. I think a few mods will be good because I know there are people out there that would be like, "why on earth did you do that to a 6?" My 7 and 8 year old nieces love the car they say it sounds like my dads bass boat... hahahaha... The rumble is so nice...

OK super chargers... any ideas on these? Any suggestions?

The vortech systems look good.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:22 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

All S197 V6s come stock with single exhaust, your lucky that you bought yours with duals. Here are the 2 s/c systems I would recommend. If it were me I would also get the polished kits for a gorgeous appearance under the hood! The first kit is the one Shelby has in the CS6. Its a Paxton Novi S/C that puts out 330-350 brake hp and the second is a Vortech that puts out 330 brake hp. Personally, I would go with the Paxton, but if you want the Vortech don't get a tuner kit.

http://shelbyautos.com/parts/ShowDetail.asp?id=41
http://vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=93&cat_key=11
Old 04-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Mad Max

That Paxton Novilooks bad ***, and I bet that would feel even better. Yeah the guy before me tinted the windows, billit grills, Perrelli tires... I'm wondering how much he actually did to the car. I'm going to get it all checked out before I get anything. I know the engine is stock, how ever the exhaust doesn't sound stock. Like I said in my profile I used to race dirt bikes, that's all I know. Car's... not so much. But I'm going to learn.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

If it's all about having a certain "look" I think that's fine. One of the nicest S197 Mustangs I ever saw was
a V-6, it had the 3D Carbon V-6 body kit and had painted Shelby stripes in metallic blue(car was white) and had some hot looking 20" wheels. Never thought it was a sixer until he passed by me and I saw the
single exhaust outlet in the lower rear valance of the body kit, it changed my perception on the bent-six cars. Although a Paxton S/C and that Cervini C-series kit(Eleanor basically) with the side exhaust would really turn some heads(and break some hearts). Although if adding a S/C, shouldn't a "take-off" 8.8 GT diff(with LSD) make sense? No use in spinning one tire(not very macho-ha-ha), right? Best of luck
Old 04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Mad Max

Good point. hahahahah...
Old 04-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Yes it would look good,I agree with the others on mods,and also.....ELEANOR.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:29 PM
red stangguy
1st Gear Member

Do It yourself, buy the peices you want and make it your own.

[IMG]local://upfiles/64087/740FD3A66A0C4F1094BBC5FF3528FE45.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/64087/A18BFE9D9B004222B6DCEF6D605E8F57.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Mad Max

You know ive been on this forum for like 3 days now... wow the response has been great. hahaha... it's so funny though... even the guys that are like... performance first, are the one's that say... Elanore... mmmm good..... hahahahaha I love mustang freaks, we are all the same. We love to look at the mustangs even though MAYBE they are just 6 cylendars, or 4..... back in the day... hahahaha.... wow that was a totally different era that I will neveer understand. Thank you all... I will post updates on the mustang progress... I thiink I'm gonna make it a " Mad Max " 1st edition hahaha...
Old 04-05-2007, 12:28 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Good to hear that you're making it your car! Can't wait to see the progress.

Quick Reply: SWhat would you do?