Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What about red leather w/ Grey?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:32 AM
sleslie17

Default What about red leather w/ Grey?

I just ordered an '07 with Grey exterior and charcoal leather - I have thought about the $340 premium upgrade and change to red leather (like the grey concept from '05). Is there any downside or upside to these two colors that I haven't thought about? I like the red leather look - nice contrast. I live in NM and the summer sun is blazing hoton dark colors.

-Shawn
Old 04-04-2007, 02:55 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What about red leather w/ Grey?

i don't think there is a downside going with the
red interior. the upside, is that it looks fantastic

Old 04-04-2007, 03:34 AM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

i have a black gt with red interior but honestly i wish i did black interior..its just too much sometimes....i replaced the red mats with black ones...that helped a little....i wish my seats were black and red like the gt 500...then it would be a perfect match....i would suggest looking inside a car wih red and make the decision then
Old 04-04-2007, 03:42 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

I've got the red interior (torch red car) and I also just added red floor mats w/ logo. I think it's a little too much red in there now - getting ready to order black mats w/ logo. I too wish the seats were red/black.

Oh, I think your pony would look good (grey paint w/ red interior). I just like different but nice looking interiors - all black interior w/ chrome is really cool though.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:07 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Maybe check out the chamois interior option?
Old 04-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

i posted a pic on this thread:

https://mustangforums.com/m_2976540/tm.htm

If you PM me, I can send some pics when i get home from work
Old 04-04-2007, 06:03 PM
K20J03K

I think the black/red combo interior looks amazing. The one I am in the process of ordering is going to be Dark Red with a black top and the black/red interior.

I don't like the all red look, but the contrast looks great IMO.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:32 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Not a fan of the red interior[:'(]. It looks great in pictures, but in real life since the front seat seating surfaces are leather and everything else is vinyl, you can see the difference in dye shade and as the car gets more sun exposure it gets worse. I religiously keep my '06 GT's Charcoal leather in super clean condition(hurts too that Ford uses such cheap hides) and am weary that it'll get funky at anytime. I had
an '05 GT with the Graphite leather(light grey) and after 21,000 it had a slightpeel on the lower driver's
side left-side bolster(about 2mm in size-very small, but there) and I used a cream leather conditioner that I think was harsh on the cheapo leather Ford installs. I use leather-wipes now and they seem to do a great job at not removing any dye or causing any ill-effects on the crappy leather[:@].
Although don't take my advice about the Red package, as Luis Guzman told Don Cheadle in "Boogie Nights", "Wear what you dig".........
Old 04-04-2007, 07:07 PM
fitzpch

That's the way we went for our vert but we were looking for a little pizazz. No problems keeping it clean. We love it! But keep in mind this is not my daily driver. If I were buying a daily driver, I probably wouldn't get red interior.

(Hope to post pics with new rims soon -- 18" polished. Need the weather to get better so I can bring it out of the garage.)

Fitz
Old 04-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I remember the first 2005 I saw had the red interior... but it was a mineral grey exterior and it just didn't work, in most everyone's eye!
I think it's best (and traditional) with white exterior

Quick Reply: What about red leather w/ Grey?