Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed my raptor shift light today.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 09:29 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default Installed my raptor shift light today.

I didn't know i'd get a cool light show every time I start the car. It truly is simple to install. I had more trouble with my crappy splice connectors than I did finding which wires to use at the PCM.

Those splice connectors make it seem like you can just push with your fingers, but I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to get the damn metal piece down over the oem wireing.

Sorry no pictures. I'm lazy so i mounted it on the drives side pillar and didn't even have to remove any body panels. I simply snaked the wire down between the dash and pillar and grabbed it from below the dash. Ran the wire through the same small grommet( Not the big one with wires going through it) i've been using for all my electrical mods and had just enough wire to make it to the PCM.

Didn't get a chance to test it yet. Hopefully tomorrow I can find enough open road to get her up to 6400rpms. I got the green LEDs and they are super bright.

Did anyones shift light come with screws for mounting? Mine didn't, but I'd planned on using double sided tape for now anyway since I'm not sure if i'll keep it where it's at.

D'Agostino racing ships super fast by the way.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:40 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Installed my raptor shift light today.

Congrats.....

+1 on those damn splice connectors.....Same thing here......pliers.......

Nope, no mounting screws included........Yep, cute little light show when you fire up......

Those little LED's are BRIGHT!!!!!.......

Mike
Old 04-06-2007, 02:00 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

I ordered mine on Sunday... they broke it before it was shipped and had to get a new one to send....

hope to have it early next week.....I thoughtthe PCM was in the footwell on the passenger side? If you could post a pic of where you connect it to that would be great... thanks...

Old 04-06-2007, 05:11 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

I ordered mine on Sunday... they broke it before it was shipped and had to get a new one to send....

hope to have it early next week.....I thoughtthe PCM was in the footwell on the passenger side? If you could post a pic of where you connect it to that would be great... thanks...

The PCM is next to the fuse box, under the hood. I didn't see a need to run wires all over the place, so I connected mine the the drivers side coil closest to the fire wall. Grounded underneath the steering column where there's already a ground, and used an add-a-fuse to the fuse box inside the car on the passengers footwell.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:21 AM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

lets see some pics from those tha have insalled them.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:27 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scramblr

The PCM is next to the fuse box, under the hood. I didn't see a need to run wires all over the place, so I connected mine the the drivers side coil closest to the fire wall. Grounded underneath the steering column where there's already a ground, and used an add-a-fuse to the fuse box inside the car on the passengers footwell.
Ah, but you did run wires all over the place. All my wires connect at the same place.

(disconnect negative battery cable first) I popped all three connectors off the pcm under the hood, spliced into the two wires on the pcm connectors that the raptor online instructions indicate and ran the ground to the ground on the core support. Or whatever you call the piece of metal that the hood prop rod used to be connected to.