Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Puttin' these on under the GT emblem

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Puttin' these on under the GT emblem

ORIGINAL: hammeron

why have the supercharger
if nobody ever sees it, hears it, or even knows it's
there.
For the big grin I get on my face every time I stomp the gas My car looks bone stock. No one ever gives it a second look. It's great.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:56 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

i think it's fine sherwood. why have the supercharger
there.

plus, at the gas stations, fellow stangers will want to
ask you about it

Yep! The Kenne Bell is very quiet. Unless you know what that very subtle litte whine is you'd never know. It doesn't sound like the Saleen s/c, all gravelly and obnoxious. (IMO)
saleen....obnoxious?? man I have not heard any of those 2 descriptors...if anything my saleen sounds more like an old 350 hydromatic tranny when you put it in low...in fact its funny someone pulled up next to me the other day and asked what ya got under the hood...I sjust smiled and said...stock...he laughed and said BS....whats that whining noise..I told him my tranny was on the fritz..LOL...but then I disclosed the Saleen..he was laughing..anyhow as far as the badges....they are sharp...they will look good (IMO) but BOO HISS on you sherwood for describing the Saleen as Gravely...I wish mine had a little more whine...
Old 04-06-2007, 03:20 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

+1 on all the folk that are saying to go for the sleeper look. Don't advertise. Besides, you don't want to have a content listing on the side of your car.

If I would do it I'd exchange the GT emblems with the V6 ones, and delete my fogs... I can just imagine the look on ignorantpeople's faces when you stomp the gas.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:22 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

I personally hate badges..i wouldnt do it...But its your car...as long as you like it..

I have everybody and there Mother wanting to race me...if i had a blower like you...they would be lining up..non-stop...i guess you will get that alot as well..
Old 04-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

there.

ask you about it

Yep! The Kenne Bell is very quiet. Unless you know what that very subtle litte whine is you'd never know. It doesn't sound like the Saleen s/c, all gravelly and obnoxious. (IMO)
saleen....obnoxious?? man I have not heard any of those 2 descriptors...if anything my saleen sounds more like an old 350 hydromatic tranny when you put it in low...in fact its funny someone pulled up next to me the other day and asked what ya got under the hood...I sjust smiled and said...stock...he laughed and said BS....whats that whining noise..I told him my tranny was on the fritz..LOL...but then I disclosed the Saleen..he was laughing..anyhow as far as the badges....they are sharp...they will look good (IMO) but BOO HISS on you sherwood for describing the Saleen as Gravely...I wish mine had a little more whine...
Yea, I shouldn't be so "obnoxiously" opinionated. I guess the sound of ANY S/C is just plain cool! Anyway, I have a loud exhaust, so who am I to comment on ANYONEs S/C sound? Sorry!

Old 04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

there.

ask you about it

Yea, I shouldn't be so "obnoxiously" opinionated. I guess the sound of ANY S/C is just plain cool! Anyway, I have a loud exhaust, so who am I to comment on ANYONEs S/C sound? Sorry!

LOL
its all good...I would go with the badges by the way..I am looking at some myself....dont know If I will....
Old 04-06-2007, 04:02 PM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

Are you sure you want to advertise???
Look nice though.
+1. Why advertise? Just leave 'em in the dust and they will figure it out.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:14 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: feejay

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

Are you sure you want to advertise???
Look nice though.
+1. Why advertise? Just leave 'em in the dust and they will figure it out.
I agree, I think it will take away form the way the car looks, not add.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:57 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

I think it will look good but I get challenged too much as it is. Wait a minute, maybe if I get one it will scare away some of the lames
Old 04-06-2007, 06:08 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

I put the ones i got with my saleen from undergrounfmustang over the GT so it says Supercharged GT. They are smaller than the ones you’re showing. Maybe 2.5" in length tops. I would not go all out with saleen sticker’s plastered across the windshield and such, but a little warning to others is ok. Just today playing with a moded lightning who was suprised when after flooring it in front of me could not loose me and eventually had me at his door before we had to shut down. At the light he looked down and had to squint and read it but said "Oh $hit your supercharged I wondered how you caught up". It saves a lot of repetitive explanation to those who fall victim to it.

Quick Reply: Puttin' these on under the GT emblem