Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 Premium V6 5-spd bargain?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:16 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: '07 Premium V6 5-spd bargain?

yea what happened to the pony package actually being worth something?! in 06 it came with the gt sway bars and some other little suspension tid-bits. thats why i got it!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:35 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

I bought my 06 v6 5spd pony pkg for $21,000 out the door
Old 04-06-2007, 08:58 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gtucker4

Hey guys, I've been haggling with a couple of dealers in the Little Rock area regarding ordering a V6 for the project I've mentioned here a few times before. I'm usually able to get pretty good deals, edmunds.com and all the other websites are a Godsend! I'd like to throw this out there, to see if you guys think I can do better. Edmunds is showing a bunch of factory discounts for various options on the Premium coupe or convertible, and the adjusted MSRP comes out to $21,565 for the coupe, and $26,390 for the vert, with the comfort group being the only option I selected that I'd have to pay out of pocket for. The invoices are $20,005 and $24,398 respectively. My wife is a full time student, so she would get a total of $1500 from Ford in customer cash with the college discount, and one local dealer was advertising a dealer discount of $1807 off any V6. I'd like to see if another dealer will beat that, at least $2000 flat for their discount. Do any of you think that I could realistically do better than this? And if so, by how much? We're looking at trading in both Accords for one Mustang, so I'm dealing with about $7500 total negative equity, if they come correct on the trade in. I've got a face to face appointment with one dealer today, and I'd like to have that much more polish for negotiations if at all possible. Thanks guys, as always.
Will the financing institution carry that much -equity? Sounds like a lot to transfer to another loan, usually a $7500 -equity on a $21000 car is about a 50% increase in total price after all the smoke has cleared........I'd wait, got burned like that on a 2000 Frontier Crew Cab I bought in 1999(but only had a -equity of $2100.00, and it made my finance rate jump from a 6.9% to an 8% rate). I wish you well.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:47 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Ok, just got back, and here's what happened. I showed them the print out from Edmund's, and of course, they put up a fight. At first they wanted to dispute the discounts even existed, which I countered by showing them cars on Ebay that had the window stickers displayed with the package discounts. Some had V6 leather discount, others had V6 performance package discounts. Then, they challenged whether or not I could have all the discounts combined, to which I told them I had seen some cars with more than one of the discounts applied. One of the sales managers then proceeded to pull out the order sheet, since they couldn't find one anywhere configured how I want,and showed me that he found the discounts, but each one had a statement that showed it could not be combined with another one. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed, and confused, since I know I've seen at least one car with the window sticker reflecting at least two of the discounts on the same car. They said they would be willing to deal on something they had in stock, or could trade for, but ordering one would basically be what I have to do to get the exact match on a V6. I want to know what you guys think, because at this rate, it may be better for me to just get a GT premium and forget about the engine swap for economic purposes...[&o]
Old 04-06-2007, 11:24 PM
alloypony
1st Gear Member

Go for th GT you won't regret it.Later on down the line if you still want to do an engine swap you could just get a stroker kitAlso Remember aMustang isnt just the engine and power it's the Style too.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:27 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

You don't want to do an engine swap...

Igot my coupe fully loaded, we're talking every option availableon myv6 coupe for 21,900. Could I have done better? possibly. I just assume that the dealership is lieing to me, you should assume the same. Wether or not they can give you the discount is irrelevent, if they want to sell you the car they can knock the price down.

One last thing. Make sure you negotiate the total price including tax and fees. I've seen dealerships tack on several houndred or even thousands in fees. It can really ruin a price.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:29 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

FYI-

The Pony Package has the GT front sway bar but not the GT rear sway. The pony rear sway is smaller.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm searching the net right now for GT 5spd around my region. It really sucks that Ford's inventory checker only extends to like 50 miles or so, I'm used to the ones that let you go up to a 150 mile radius. I'm using Edmunds to price a V6 vs. GT right now, keeping in mind to use only one of the discount packages for now, unless I can find physical proof to take them showing more than one discount on a window sticker. I'm also frustrated by Ford's decision to mark the auto GT's down more than the manual, I'm wondering if I could talk a dealer into giving me the same or better off of a 5spd, not really feeling an automatic, although this one's for the wife, so it may be better for her.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:35 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

Northpoint is profit focused only,.....avoid them. Pinnacle will deal, but its alot of work. Landers is the closest thing we have to an honest dealership here. I have found it advantageous to locate a car that the dealer has had in inventory for quite awhile,.....they seem to want to deal more. Steve Williams at landers is a good guy. He is in finance now,.......but he might still help you.

Good Luck.

Don't even bother with Crain,.......
Old 04-07-2007, 12:59 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Ha! I know about Crain, unfortunately used to sell Mazdas for them. Terrible, terrible business practices, and really slimy, greasy feeling of getting jobbed, both as a customer AND a salesman. I will fly somewhere and drive back before dealing with Crain anything. I'll try Landers, hadn't really dealt with them before, and that info I got about the discounts not being able to be combined actually came from Pinnacle this evening! I'm getting ready to check out the lots while they're closed(no vultures), so I can see if I can prove what I said about the multiple package discount thing. If I can get a REALLY good deal on a GT, I'd love to have one, always wanted a car with my initials on it...

Quick Reply: '07 Premium V6 5-spd bargain?