Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diff between Borla/FRPP Stingers/GTAs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:04 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Default Diff between Borla/FRPP Stingers/GTAs?

Couldn't find this on the FRPP site - seems they only have one - I guess the Stingers?. Does anyone know the difference between the GTAs/Stingers? Which is cheaper GTAs or Stingers? FRRP or Borla?

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Diff between Borla/FRPP Stingers/GTAs?

Lots of info on this already if you use the search. The part number ending in GT is the Stingers, part number ending in GTA is the GTA's. Stingers are the ones made by Borla and are louder than the GTA's (made by Supreme). Stingers do have some drone while the GTA's supposedly do not. GTA's are the standard equipment on the Shelby GT's. GTA's are cheaper than the Stingers.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:38 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Thanks again Aziraphale - I had a similar post and you gave me a great answer. Thanks to all - looks like I will be getting them from Ninosport - Just have to decide between the GTAs and Stingers - have to make up my mind how loud I want them.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

No problem. I'm having a similar problem. I'm going on a mustang cruise this weekend where I'll get to hear some of the combinations and I'm hoping that helps. I'm kinda between Stingers, GTA's, and Corsa's.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:13 AM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Please let us know what you decide to go with and why. I know it would help me a lot. Sounds like a great time!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:23 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I run the Stingers and I love em But that is my personal taste. Ive heard that the Stingers are louder then the GTAs but I havent heard them so I cant say for sure. This is the only video I really have of my Stingers on my VB stang. Its not the best but it gives you a little idea of the sound.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1560248084

Good luck!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:23 AM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Well, I've actually had both.

Stingers- I paid 500 for them. To me, they were way over the top, not so much in loudness, they sounded good, BUT, inside the car, it was torture. The resonance (drone) was so over the top, especially at 1800-2000 RPMs, and I have an automatic, so when you're not on the highway, it seems you're in this range alot. I had them for one day, and took them off. It literally made me nauseous after awhile. The FRPP ones are by Borla.

GTA's- I've had them for 3 months now! I love them, they sound a little louder than stock at idle, esp. on start up, when the car is idling high. When you give it gas on the highway, to pass someone, they sound good, and at WOT, they sound great. No resonance whatsoever. I bought them as part of the FRPP Power Pack pkg, but I think they are going for $320, or so. They are made for FRPP by the folks that make Cherry Bombs, name escapes me at the moment. I rented the GTH last summer, and loved the sound, but I tried the Stingers first, and I personally, like the GTA's much better. I like the GTA exhaust tips better, too.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

I too have experienced both. I test drove a GT that had Roush "Stingers" which are made by Borla. Sound was fine, but the DRONE was terrible.

I have GTA's on my GT. LOVE THEM!!Nice mellow tone at idleand under light acceleration (wont call unneeded attention to yourself by the police). Get up to 3000 RPM+, or get on it hard and they sound wonderful! Nice throaty tone which turns into a roar at high RPM. Many compliments on them
Old 04-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

PS....I too like the tips. They are 4 inch double walled polished stainless.

[IMG]local://upfiles/61155/852ACE966E7A4BB39C9A4D9BCBD69554.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-07-2007, 03:46 PM
ovrpar6
2nd Gear Member

Go with Ford Racing Axel back 4" chrome tips. They are made by Borla.

Everyone that hears them says "Now thats what Mustang GT should sound like"

I love 'em, they are the BEST!

Quick Reply: Diff between Borla/FRPP Stingers/GTAs?