Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will The Car Hold Up With That Much Torque

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 04:23 PM
bluepony06

Default Will The Car Hold Up With That Much Torque

Alright so I recently got my car back and got the final numbers from installing my Zex Nitrous Kit.

My 93 Octane Tune with my JLT CAI put out 284rwhp and 309 torque

My Nitrous Tune with my 100 shot put out 377rwhp and 482 torque.

I was wondering some recommendations for what to do next. Will my car hold up with that much torque?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:48 PM
MikesTorchedGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Will The Car Hold Up With That Much Torque

holy ****! those numbers are pretty!
Old 04-07-2007, 05:33 PM
bluepony06

The car feels brand new. I pulled out of the stop sign after I got it and just stomped it to the floor. It shifts at 6000rpms every gear. With traction control off I chirped 2nd. I need to learn how to lay off the gas now. I was happy when I saw the numbers as well. I gave up street racing but might have to have a little fun here when the chance arrives.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:38 PM
MikesTorchedGT
2nd Gear Member

Ive bean think bout getting the ZEX kit. any recomendations or advice? what exactly did you have to change besides what the kit comes with to run a 100 shot? just the plugs?
Old 04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

wow thats sick, i think the car can hold up to that, others will know more but i think the tranny is the first to worry about and i think its rated at 500 torque or 600 not sure, as i said others will know better but nice numbers
Old 04-07-2007, 06:40 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

chirp second? Second should go up in smoke andchirping 3rd should be cake with those numbers.

ORIGINAL: bluepony06

The car feels brand new. I pulled out of the stop sign after I got it and just stomped it to the floor. It shifts at 6000rpms every gear. With traction control off I chirped 2nd. I need to learn how to lay off the gas now. I was happy when I saw the numbers as well. I gave up street racing but might have to have a little fun here when the chance arrives.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:43 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

With the nitrous, you can pretty much count on blowing something up sooner rather than later. Probably starting with the engine, then transmission. Then, likely the rear end. You can't put 100 more HP and an equal amount of torque to the ground in a stock drivetrain and expect it to hold up over a long period of time.

That being said, in short bursts, I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
cookiemonster
2nd Gear Member

482?? I wouldn't stress the powdered parts in the GT that much ... pistons aren't forged like the V6.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:00 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

chirp second? Second should go up in smoke andchirping 3rd should be cake with those numbers.

ORIGINAL: bluepony06

I used to be able to chirp 2cd and third with my brenspeed tune on the Gt auto i used to have?
Old 04-07-2007, 08:32 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

With the nitrous, you can pretty much count on blowing something up sooner rather than later. Probably starting with the engine, then transmission. Then, likely the rear end. You can't put 100 more HP and an equal amount of torque to the ground in a stock drivetrain and expect it to hold up over a long period of time.

That being said, in short bursts, I'm sure it will be fine.
what are you talking about? 100hp over stock is not alot for the stock internals to hold up to. this is some pretty high torque, but i don't know the specs on your tranny. I wouldn't worry too much though, just make sure you have a window switch so you aren't spraying at really low rpm's. Hell there are a few v6 guys driving daily drivers withmore power and close to the same torque as this....i wouldn't worry as long as it is tuned, you have a window switch, and you aren't spraying every five minutes.

Quick Reply: Will The Car Hold Up With That Much Torque