Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has experience with loaner cars from ford

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Default RE: who has experience with loaner cars from ford

When the dealer had my GT right after I bought it, they gave me a v6 manual loaner with 35 miles on it. It was newer than my car even. I believe they said they normally give out a different one but the batteries were dead on a lot of the v6's (shocker, I know)
Old 04-14-2007, 05:14 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doode

ok,

long story short, my car has to go back in for warranty service for the tranny.
It will be in the shop for at least 5 business days.

The dealer no longer has "courtesy" cars, but "rental" cars and they want $12.95 a day !!!!

They wont give it to me free unless i have their ESP warranty plan, which i don't.

I called customer relations, and they said that they wont pay a cent, and that if i want a car, id have to pay for it. I bought up stuff like this was my 3rd time taking it back, problem still unresolved, and the loss of use of my car and they still said no.

Anyone have any advice or input?

TIA
ANY dealer that charges you for a loaner is not a dealer to do business with. That warranty is good at any Forddealer in the country, if you don't have the ESP warranty then it's being fixed under the original Ford warranty so tell the dealer to do it or you're never buying from them again. Heck my dealer gives me a choice between a 500, Escape or Focus if they have them all available.

If the dealer is still going to charge you, pull the car out and change dealers now, and make sure you tell the sales manager as well, you'd be shocked at what a pissed off customer can accomplish.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:07 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

I had a radiator hose leak and dump all of my cooling fluid right in the dealer parking lot once. haha. Oh and I only had the car about four days when it happened. But my salesman was there, and he was jumping through hoops to get me a car. First they were going to get me a rental car, but the Enterprise place at the dealer was closed. So then they decided to give me a loaner. They were going to give me a Focus. The salesman said no way and got me a Fusion. Although not as cool as a Mustang, he made sure to give me one with a sunroof, all leather, satellite radio...Did a good job to take care of me. They even topped off my gas before I picked it up. So if the dealer, and more specifically, your salesman doesn't want to take care of you, then tell them you'll take your business elsewhere.

On another note, I do agree that I hate the fact that the dealers almost forget that you're the customer when you take your car for service.I say we rise up and revolt !!! haha.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:22 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I think it depends on the dealer. At my dealership, they always give me a rental car for free.....even if the car is only there for a few hours. Now if I have to drive the rental car for more than a day, I usually pay for the extra insurance.....it gives me a peace of mind just in case some idiot decides to crash into me.

You know what, $12.95 is not bad for a rental. I paid around $15.00 just for the insurance. Check to see what the rates are for rental cars in your area. I bet it's a lot more than what your dealer is asking.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:29 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I think you need to raise a little hell with the Service Manager and if that does not work, go straight to the GM!!!! Three times for the same problem (or different problems, dont matter). That car has been in too many times for you not to demand a loaner, especially if it has to be left there longer than 24hrs. Our dealership will give a loaner, may not be a high end car or Mustang but you can get a loaner. And, they wont charge the customer when its a warranty repair!! Maybe you do need to change dealerships!